• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is it when you post a question on this site, you get 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person responses.????

525 posts in this topic

Why is it when you post a question on this site, you get 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person responses.????

This is a great place, but with a serious question, you get 10 foolish responses , people making fun of people, etc...and to finally get a real answer you have to scroll through page after page...Jesus, very annoying..

Now that there are plenty of pages to scroll through, I'll post a serious response.

In my first post in CG I was welcomed and advised that I needed a "thick skin". Then some other peeps said "it shouldn't be that way" etc etc... but frankly, I really like exactly how it is. This place has vibe.

Best advice I can seriously give is to roll with the punches and take a light-hearted look at the responses. If you look at the responses in a light-hearted way you'll start to pick up on personalities and subtle interactions based on history here. Some peeps have been here for 10 years.. and then others, like me, about 10 minutes. There are some genuine friendships built in here that have stood the test of time, and some of the tease responses are intended for individuals to actually laugh along with - not take offence at.

So, you'll start to see personalities, you'll read some funnies and you will undoubtedly end up with a genuinely helpful and serious response along the way.

Frankly, there are some truly top people on these boards. Sure, I've been teased - and most of it was genuinely funny, but I've been on forums since 1998 and I've never once been made to feel so welcome either.

So, I'd just say roll with the punches, kick back when you feel like it and just enjoy yourself. It's a celebration...

vi2LbUq.jpg

I guess what bothers me is that Hulk44 has essentially insulted every single one of you dipwads. It's completely unwarranted.

DG

Hey DG, there's no need to sign your posts; we know who you are. :foryou:

It's an old school etiquette thing. I used to sign my posts as well.

:D

I'm aware of what it is. It's still outdated and useless.

And what is indated and useful? A lack of courtesy and simple respect? A constant yammer of IBTL LOL ROTFL BFF UR2KEWL babblefishing? You disappoint me to the extent that ISNLRTYP.

And there was a wailing from Perv Toy Row. it was Pov, weeping for Blowie, because he was no more.

Sincerely,

Povertyrow

Sexy talk will get all of you nowhere with me.

DG

I guess what bothers me is that Hulk44 has essentially insulted every single one of you dipwads. It's completely unwarranted.

DG

And what is indated and useful? A lack of courtesy and simple respect? A constant yammer of IBTL LOL ROTFL BFF UR2KEWL babblefishing? You disappoint me to the extent that ISNLRTYP.

And there was a wailing from Perv Toy Row. it was Pov, weeping for Blowie, because he was no more.

Sincerely,

Povertyrow

DG

tumblr_md1srfdLuA1rxdw8g.gif

OWK

DG

Sincerely,

Povertyrow

DG

It'll get you everywhere with me.

DG