• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YTLM

8 posts in this topic

Was browsing Splash and tempted to get another page but everywhere I clicked it said "On Hold". Inquired and apparently ALL sold.

doh!

Looks like it's mostly taken off the primary market now.

Edit: http://www.splashpageart.com/ArtistGalleryRoom.asp?ArtistId=127&Ti=Goran_Sudzuka

Part of me wonders if this is coming off of the back of the strength of BKV's stuff and the advent of digital.

I think it's due more to the fact that:

- YTLM has been complete for quite a few years now

- Like any good finite series, when the series is running collectors wait for the next issue to see if there are any better pages. Once the series ends, they've seen all there is to see and pages slowly disappear.

- Casual collectors of a series see the pages and put off buying them because, "They've been there forever and I can come back and get one whenever I want." Then they all get put ON HOLD and people are all , "WTF?"

- There are a few adamant YTLM collectors and it is tax return season.

Bottom line, if you see and you like it and can afford it, you shold get it. You never know who else is looking and thinking the same thing.

A few Sudzuka pages sold recently on eBay for substantially more than these pages were being sold by SplashPage (they were also likely far higher in quality than these pages that were still remaining after 4-5 years). Nonetheless, maybe someone perceived an opportunity to flip the pages and make a quick profit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them for sale somewhere else soon with a moderate markup.

I only have two of my pages left. I'm debating whether or not to sell them or hang on to them. Mike got one thing right though, I hovered over the Splash Page site for years thinking "aw, those pages will be there tomorrow if I want them." Should've snatched them up when I had the chance I suppose!

I only have two of my pages left. I'm debating whether or not to sell them or hang on to them. Mike got one thing right though, I hovered over the Splash Page site for years thinking "aw, those pages will be there tomorrow if I want them." Should've snatched them up when I had the chance I suppose!

Heh heh, I've done that to other pages in the past (e.g. Perez Avenger's pages on the Artists Choice years back). Kept on looking at them and putting it off b/c I thought it was always going to be there. And one day it was gone and prices have doubled and tripled.

There is no right answer, I am a little quicker on the trigger now, but have had a few purchases that I regret. but I suppose the one takeaway is that don't assume something will be available forever.

Malvin