• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noob Forum

1,015 posts in this topic

Arch/Mods - I propose a forum specifically for new members. I think that as soon as a new member signs up, he/she gets a message saying it is recommended that new members post only in the New Member forum (say, for 6 months).

Can we make Seanfingh moderator?

:facepalm:

comicdonna has it right. Without new blood we'll stagnate and die.

new member commits the heinous crime of asking a question that has been asked before

HUNjQ7G.jpg

Forum lynch mobs are an electronic rite of passage.

I think the idea has merit. Most discussion boards I've admin'd have had a "new members forum".. bit like the kiddie's wading pool. Luke warm and full of urine... where kids can gargle each other's output before graduating to the deep end.

But frankly, Bill has called it. All that needs be done is people be civil to each other and remember what it was like to be new at something.

That said, I remember my first night down the PCYC Boxing Club. I was 13. They threw me straight into the ring with a 23yo who promptly broke my nose.

My respect for the others, my awareness of what I had yet to learn and my concentration on improving my knowledge and expertise all went through a dramatic instant increase.

Arch/Mods - I propose a forum specifically for new members. I think that as soon as a new member signs up, he/she gets a message saying it is recommended that new members post only in the New Member forum (say, for 6 months).

Can we make Seanfingh moderator?

Without new blood we'll stagnate and die.

This reminds me of ticks. bloodsuckers, mosquito's and vampires.

JC is the antithesis to this idea of communities "graduating" and the hilarious part is that all these guys kvetching and posting whambulance photos are the biggest cry-babies on the forum whenever JC steamrolls through. lol

JC is the antithesis to this idea of communities "graduating" and the hilarious part is that all these guys kvetching and posting whambulance photos are the biggest cry-babies on the forum whenever JC steamrolls through. lol

Double true. (thumbs u

So...whaddaya think of my idea?

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I don't think it's awesome :sorry:

But Logan510, I read your posts, so I already know what you would think

FU...did you know I was thinking that? :grin:

Double true. (thumbs u

Civility is a pipe dream. Personalities clash no matter how long you've been a member. The ignore button should graduate to a boardie pinata - replacing the "you are ingoring this user" with an interactive game where you get to pinata smash that alias. Extra points if Flee could create a handy drop-down of mug shots.

I know that's not pointed at me. :taptaptap:

So...whaddaya think of my idea?

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I don't think it's awesome :sorry:

But Logan510, I read your posts, so I already know what you would think

FU...did you know I was thinking that? :grin:

Pretty much, yup. None of this is surprising.