• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you cart around your comics at a convention?

42 posts in this topic

One of those little luggage dollies with some bungee cords and a longbox laying vertical aught to do the trick

Luggage%20Dolly,%20cropped.JPG

This was just the first image that popped up, but they make some with narrower wheelbases that can fold up and stuff too

This one looks tiny, holds 70lbs, and is under $40

http://www.restockit.com/luggage-folding-cart-folded-11-x3-x17-opened-11-x13-39-bk-%28ktklglc70r%29.html

I do not buy much in terms of quantity so I bring those cardboard and cloth organizer accordion file folders. I sandwich the books with cardboard so they do not move around and then I reinforce it with cardboard and have that in a backpack. Any slabs I buy also go into the backpack. I like to blend in, so no metal briefcases or anything like that for me. That sort of stands out on the subway since I sometimes will pick up an expensive book or two or have things to drop off to CGC.

If I bought a ton of stuff, I'd get a cart. I don't get high dollar stuff so a backpack has been perfect.

I go the backpack route for the high dollar slabs.

(shrug)

My messenger bag has a pocket that runs the whole back of the bag. I put in 2 pieces of really thick and stout cardboard and am good to go for books or slabs.

Just please don't stick a long box in a jogging stroller.

A good quality shoulder bag will do the trick if you're buying bagged and boarded books and slabs....and aren't buying them by the hundreds. One really thick piece of cardboard for a stiffener to keep them from bending and you're all set.

I almost posted the same question. I usually use a backpack, but I hate how hot and sweaty I get when I am wearing it. May bring a messenger bag this year. I typically hit up the cheap bins pretty hard.

Messenger bags are perfect in my opinion. You have tons of usable space (the Bag of Holding is what I prefer) and you don't get all icky and it's a nice easy way to keep your personal space bubble intact by easily switching it side to side. Not to mention it can be easily accessed on the move.