• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO'S OUT THERE

38 posts in this topic

78 ANONYMOUS USERS i don't know but this must be some kind of record.

...it doesn't mean that they are all lurkers...probably 3/4s of them are users in stealth mode....

No, most of them are lurkers. I can see who's invisible and who's unregistered. Technically a registered user could log out and surf the boards, but since the boards provide all those cool features to tell you what you've read and what you haven't if you have a login, I find that unlikely.

They're genuine lurkers.

Unlurk yourself, guys. acclaim.gif

Arch give him a strike and put him in the penalty box. That will learn em. devil.gifstooges.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif but i think not 893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

Arch give him a strike and put him in the penalty box. That will learn em. devil.gifstooges.gif

893whatthe.gif Ok ok.. easy no strike please! tongue.gif

Anonymous users are down to 42... the threat of a strike apparently worked.

Interesting. So why do you surf the boards without logging in? Isn't it a pain to not see what posts are new versus old? Isn't it nice to be able to click on the title of a thread and jump right to the new stuff?

It depends on which computer I'm on. If I'm at home, then I automatically login. If I'm doing work for a client on-site, and I check the boards for a break, then there's no point in logging in. But yes, it's more of a pain not to see the highlighted threads.

Arch, I can honestly say I never go into a specific forum because I might miss out on a great discussion going on in another forum. It much more interesting to jump into discussion that are currently going on instead of something that happened a couple days ago.

So for me it doesn't matter what threads are highlighted or not.

• Administrator

I suppose if you wanted to see only today's activities for some reason, you could change each forum to only show you what was active in the last day.

566287-boards2.jpg

But that wouldn't really be across many sub-boards like the 24hour search is.

566287-boards2.jpg.edb1f82403bfd6949d07e5dba46cc398.jpg

78 ANONYMOUS USERS 893whatthe.gif i don't know but this must be some kind of record.

please come on board and join us.most of us are friendly and a few are even tame.

give it a shot you might like it, you may even learn somthing(hell you might teach us something)

the real fun of this is to be a participant.

again this is an invite to all you lookie loues , come join the party

working for Ace last year they had 5 people with my first name. they wanted to MAKE me

use my middle name(nogo there). ssssooooo i asked for DATA , well form that day on I was

DATA. when people read my name i got all kinds of looks 27_laughing.gif