• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Another fantastic issue!

Easily in the top 10 books out this year.

Yep, can't get enough of this title!

Only monthly that I make a point to buy on the day of release. Otherwise everything else I read usually sits in my pull file for weeks before I come in and buy.

I am curious to see what happens with Colossus' brother. He kind of reminds me of Steve Rogers before he became Captain America with the way they portrayed him in #7. It will be cool to see how powerful he can become with the red matter.......

I see the Steve Rogers parallel too. Ruthless villains.

Was digging through the stacks at Forbidden Planet for a nice copy of the #0 Enchanced, and they were all the same save one that said "LTD to 1500"

STK618274.jpg

which version is this exactly?

also came across this signed version of #1 (was also the last one on the shelf of many Blitzkreigs and other variants.)

oczu.jpg

yes both, can be had so PM if interested.

The first one I'd assume is a "breakdown" variant and as with all the other variants, is yet another reprint, or a reprint of a reprint (#0 enhanced edition which has more content).

As for the #1 FP variant, it came out the same day as the regular and FP #0 enhanced editions a few months ago. Kieron Gillen was signing there a day or two later so as with a lot of FP variants, in the UK at least, it's harder to find unsigned copies if you want to CGC grade them.

Or have a copy without that ugly signature :shy:

It took me ages to sell my FP unsigned 9.8 candidates (1 copy each) and got cover price back for them. I prefer the blitzkrieg covers over everything else.

It's a decent story :)

Book had a huge potential to blow up IMO and was destroyed by Avatars money grabbing. Would probably be selling 35k copies a month if they hadn't made so many covers.

On the flip side at least the story is awesome and I enjoy reading my one copy a month. They will just never be worth the paper they are printed on beyond good reading material. Which at the end of the day isnt a bad thing as long as you understand that going in

Bloody hell!

There will be an Uber #1/2 issue:

http://www.avatarpress.com/2013/10/uber-12-reveals-sieglindes-origin-in-bleeding-cool-magazine-8/

Apparently this was first announced way back in Sept. but I just caught wind of it. You'll have to purchase Bleeding Cool #8 for the digital code to read it online but a hard copy of the 1/2 issue will be available under special order.

The origin of Sieglinde is one I personally don't want to miss! (thumbs u

Bloody hell!

http://www.avatarpress.com/2013/10/uber-12-reveals-sieglindes-origin-in-bleeding-cool-magazine-8/

Apparently this was first announced way back in Sept. but I just caught wind of it. You'll have to purchase Bleeding Cool #8 for the digital code to read it online but a hard copy of the 1/2 issue will be available under special order.

I am personally holding out for the 1/3 issue and the uber exclusive 1/4 issue.

Bloody hell!

Which version ? :roflmao:

Bloody hell!

I am holding out for the limited to 100 glow in the dark 3D lenticular chromium blood spatter version of them personally........

Bloody hell!

I am holding out for the limited to 100 glow in the dark 3D lenticular chromium blood spatter version of them personally........

We got yet another variant for issue 2 (Angel of Death cover) in the latest Previews, so anything is possible ... :grin:

Über is still über cool.

I'm a few issues behind, but every issue is good.

Wait until issue #8 Ryan. Gives you that....Wow this sheat is getting serious vibe.

Yeah well, when two megalomaniacs are involved liked Stalin and Hitler, it really goes to show that 'War is Hell!' Most people don't realize how bad of a meat grinder the eastern front really was and it had a lot to do with two totalitarian countries going head to head with little regard for human life.

But now we finally see Katuysha come back into the story from issue #0...