• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Odd 'filler' one-off issue.

Still a good read though.

Do those 'shape-shifting' spies exist? Not sure after reading Gillans prose at the end.

Back to the Yanks next month - what odds the skinny private is now somewhat different.......

Do those 'shape-shifting' spies exist? Not sure after reading Gillans prose at the end.

I did not take it as the spy being a shape shifter. I thought she had some mind control to project herself as anybody she wanted. (shrug)

At any rate Gillen had to address the issue of nuclear weapons sooner or later. Nothing stops most super humans like a good nuke!

I went with the

shape-shifter - there were a LOT of people to 'control' - a whole airbase saw her as the bombardier - that implies more than 'mental range'

Hopefully this will be made clear. The new Ubers seem to be only restricted by Gillens imagination!

Anybody still reading?

Issue #21 looks to be having some epic Battleship on Battleship action! Will be a pivotal issue no matter what because you know someone will not be walking away...

Still one of my favorites every month! This book just gets better and better and I can not wait for what is coming down the pipeline.

New issue features the first German vs Russian Battleship engagement.

It does not disappoint!

Still agreat read - I hope new people jump on board as readership, whilst good for Avatar, deserves to be much higher - it really is a great read.

The Japanese arc is due again soon......

I'm glad I'm not plowing a lonely furrow!

Great book - TPB's are out, and if you want to read online - it's out there.

Really is a great thought-provoking interesting series.

I hope it completes its run.

Bloody Avatar - anywhere else, this would be huge. Such a shame for Kieron Gillen.

He seems to have put in such a huge effort.

My top read and I don't see anything out there that could dethrone that.

I think there is a dedicated readership for Uber that like all the same things we like. Anecdotally I see many LCS seemingly stock more issues of Uber than in the past so I don't the title is dying a slow death. Anybody have recent print run numbers?

I'm glad I'm not plowing a lonely furrow!

Great book - TPB's are out, and if you want to read online - it's out there.

Really is a great thought-provoking interesting series.

I hope it completes its run.

Bloody Avatar - anywhere else, this would be huge. Such a shame for Kieron Gillen.

He seems to have put in such a huge effort.

I think I recall Gillen writing somewhere that 'no one else would touch it', and depressingly, maybe that is true... though I'm not really certain why Image would have refused such a thing, it isn't as if they've never printed comics with Nazis or war-like themes.

I think the book could have been quite a bit better without the trademark Avatar gore for gore's sake.