• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

I thought this series was DOA but word of mouth must be helping. Its not like its on fire but this isn't bad for a book that was tough to move last year.

0-11 + Special $52.95 + shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UBER-AVATAR-NM-PROPAGANDA-VARIANT-LOT-SET-1st-TWO-STORY-ARCS-0-11-SPECIAL-/251596070873?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a944b5fd9

I thought this series was DOA but word of mouth must be helping. Its not like its on fire but this isn't bad for a book that was tough to move last year.

0-11 + Special $52.95 + shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UBER-AVATAR-NM-PROPAGANDA-VARIANT-LOT-SET-1st-TWO-STORY-ARCS-0-11-SPECIAL-/251596070873?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a944b5fd9

Uber has been so good that word of mouth is maintaining that slow burn. Those people that read only #0 when it first came out I would urge to read at least the first story arc to #5. Incredible tension and climax that gets you a good idea where this title is going.

Just a thought after reading the latest issue - an interesting twist for Sieglinde being slow to recover from the London assault is that she is preggers.

hm

Can't say I see Gillen taking that route but this book full of surprises so who knows. What I do know is that no doctor will want to risk delivering that baby!

So did the new Panzermench have a designation?

Are they the "cruiser" equivalents of the UK genome split?

They are bloody enormous!

This does not deserve to be back on page 8

Another excellent issue.

If you haven't read it - give it a go.

It's nothing like you think it will be.

I think this concludes TPB #3 if you don't want to buy everyone raw.

Cracking book - if this was Image or Vertigo, it would be selling thousands more a month.

Another fun issue. This book is better than Saga........

Especially lately. Saga has been dreadful to me.

I stopped reading Saga around issue #10 or #11. I still have one run going, but it just gets bagged and boarded and put in the long box each month. The multiples of early issues keep on giving, though. lol

They really need an Uber TV show. That would be must see TV every week.

Is it me or are the British Ubers almost the comedy relief in this book? Gillen makes no pretense in trying to inject any humor in Uber but the British banter in combat and the way they are illustrated made me smirk a few times. I'm just waiting for an over the top American Uber character to shake things up.

Going on 18 issues and this book is showing no drop off and I think it will just get better. (thumbs u

Is it me or are the British Ubers almost the comedy relief in this book? Gillen makes no pretense in trying to inject any humor in Uber but the British banter in combat and the way they are illustrated made me smirk a few times. I'm just waiting for an over the top American Uber character to shake things up.

Going on 18 issues and this book is showing no drop off and I think it will just get better. (thumbs u

The humor is probably intentionally lopsided... they received enough heat just by writing about Nazi's at all. If they made them funny who knows what they may be accused of.