• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine pre-ordered #1 but told me his order was cancelled because the shop's "distributor cancelled their order"

Is something going on with the #1s?

I don't believe so. I've ordered all the covers for #1 as well and no problems yet! :wishluck:

Just to be clear: There are no problems whatsoever with #1 orders. Situation normal with #1 ordering via Diamond.

Thank you for the info!

Not sure if this was mentioned, but number 0 was done like 10 years ago, and the story was only printed as a "freebie" to Gillen. The real series begins at 1, which is supposed to be a far better read, now that Gillen has been writing for a while. That's what was told to me....

IMO #0 will tank for speculators on the secondary market.

The general public could care less about #0 issues. #1 will be the stronger book I think.

If this title takes off then first appearances in #0 will lay that claim before #1 will. Unless you know of other Uber material that predates #0. And speculator's would well do better to grab first 1st appearances just as urgently as any #1.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but number 0 was done like 10 years ago, and the story was only printed as a "freebie" to Gillen. The real series begins at 1, which is supposed to be a far better read, now that Gillen has been writing for a while. That's what was told to me....

IMO #0 will tank for speculators on the secondary market.

The general public could care less about #0 issues. #1 will be the stronger book I think.

If this title takes off then first appearances in #0 will lay that claim before #1 will. Unless you know of other Uber material that predates #0. And speculator's would well do better to grab first 1st appearances just as urgently as any #1.

I think he is thinking of #0 issues that come out after issue #1. In this case, #0 came first, so there is no reason to believe it won't be the more sought after book.

I can't keep up. That's now 6 covers. I already spent over $30 on this and I'm not even at #1 yet.

This is Avatar. Only 6 covers is not many for one of their books. Wait, there will be 6 or more covers for all the issues, not just issue #0 and #1.

And this is why I think Uber #0 will ultimately not be a good investment long term.

This is Avatar. Only 6 covers is not many for one of their books.

lol There definitely are exceptions, but 3-5 covers is pretty typical. Uber #0 would have had 4 if it hadn't gone to a 2nd printing.

Maybe it's just me but 3-5 covers per issue can scare off some readers. I'm sitting here thinking to myself do I really want to buy each cover of just the regular so I'm not using all my monies on the same issue with a different cover.

lol There definitely are exceptions, but 3-5 covers is a pretty typical range. Uber #0 would have had 4 if it hadn't gone to a 2nd printing.

Just keep them available on your website for purchase. I believe I have every Crossed issue, but it wasn't easy! You have to really watch for the additional later printings.... But, I like it!

lol There definitely are exceptions, but 3-5 covers is a pretty typical range. Uber #0 would have had 4 if it hadn't gone to a 2nd printing.

+1 for Forbidden Planet. Is there anyway to get the FP ones without the sig?

lol There definitely are exceptions, but 3-5 covers is pretty typical. Uber #0 would have had 4 if it hadn't gone to a 2nd printing.

Maybe it's just me but 3-5 covers per issue can scare off some readers. I'm sitting here thinking to myself do I really want to buy each cover of just the regular so I'm not using all my monies on the same issue with a different cover.

Yeah, I absolutely hear you on that, and definitely understand that sort of decision.