• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

So, was planning on passing on this one, but once again, picked up 1:3 while in midtown today. Haven't read yet but think I'm looking forward to it. Midtown had a stack of em...

I just read it. If you want a quick flip buy them. If you want something for a long term investment go buy east of west instead. IMO the book was boring. Maybe it will get better i mean its hard to tell from one issue. But i didnt enjoy issue 0 at all. My 2 cents. The art isnt terrible though

I just read it. If you want a quick flip buy them. If you want something for a long term investment go buy east of west instead. IMO the book was boring. Maybe it will get better i mean its hard to tell from one issue. But i didnt enjoy issue 0 at all. My 2 cents. The art isnt terrible though

I loved it and seems to be exactly what writer said it will be. I enjoyed that some historical figures are dabbled in with the fictional characters. With one read its hard to say where it will go. But with one read of Saga and Nowhere men those titles didn't exactly blow me away either but I still wanted to read more to see how things would go and now people are raving about those titles. East of West I'm also putting into the 'meh' category after issue #1 but I definitely want to continue the series.

I was not able to hit the LCSs during lunch like I normally do, but after e-mailing a couple of the owners tonight it looks like Uber #0 is a sellout here in Edmonton as well. Good thing I placed an order with DCBS.

:whistle:

If you want a lowdown of what is left in the city as of today.... drop me a line. :gossip:

Depends what you mean by "long term investment"

I loved it and seems to be exactly what writer said it will be. I enjoyed that some historical figures are dabbled in with the fictional characters. With one read its hard to say where it will go. But with one read of Saga and Nowhere men those titles didn't exactly blow me away either but I still wanted to read more to see how things would go and now people are raving about those titles. East of West I'm also putting into the 'meh' category after issue #1 but I definitely want to continue the series.

I thought it was an excellent read and the art style is perfect for this book. I also think the amount of blood and gore was done tastefully and glad they didn't throw any anything visually over the top like Crossed. Remember this was the 0 issue, kind of an extended preview. This issue was all about introducing the Uber's and teasing their powers. Look for the story to really get going with issue 1.

I saw one on shelf of LCS, bought it because it looked lonely against the stacks of every other comic around it.

Read it, it was decent, didnt have me interested for next issue, so I sold it on ebay for just over triple it's cover price.

I did like that they included a common war crime against women in there, not very people seem to know what the russian soldiers commonly did as they rampaged through Germany

The good - A whole lot of book for a solid price.

Overall, the book wasn't my jam. It bugs me when characters look too similar to each other. I'll give it another issue to see if I like it.

Pat