• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Blitzkreig was a 1:10

The rest were equal.

10,849 is a nice number!

Has anyone slabbed and sold a #0 yet - just to set the level?

At C2E2 I submitted every cover for SS byKieron Gillen.

Nice - can you let us all know the prices you get for the ones you want to sell?

Cheers!

Bleedingcool, which is owned by Avatar, said Avatar over printed the variant and still sold out. I think it was probably 5 - 6,000 copies.

Well, no -- Rich said we overprinted the total book,not just the Blitzkrieg.

I understand that the comic Über, from Kieron Gillen and Caanan White shipping tomorrow, has sold through its considerable overprint of its introductory #0 issue to retailers. And despite appeals from the larger stores to Über‘s publisher (and Bleeding Cool’s owner), there are simply no more to go round. What retailers get tomorrow, is all they’ll get.

16,000 total and if Blitzkrieg is 1 every 4 then it should be around 4,000 copies right??

The solicit was: "For every 3 UBER #0 purchased (can be mix-and-match any of the covers), retailers may purchase one copy of the UBER #0 Blitzkrieg Retailer Order Incentive cover." So that is basically 1 in 4 (for every 3 of the other versions you bought, you could also buy a Blitzkrieg -- so one in every four you bought could be a Blitzkrieg), yeah.

That is a fairly high print run for an avatar title, right?

Yep.

Congrats! (thumbs u

I am looking forward to this book.

Thanks, sir. (thumbs u I think you guys will like it.

It was Seifert.

For every 3 covers purchased. That doesn't mean it was a 1:3, right? And the stores that did order it don't have to get the incentive variant if they don't want it. I had two stores get 6 copies and 2 variants and another store only get 2 copies. I thought Mark posted the numbers a few weeks ago.

Anyone read #1 yet? (besides the lucky people who get theirs a week early - yes Luis I mean you!)

Anyone read #1 yet? (besides the lucky people who get theirs a week early - yes Luis I mean you!)

I just finished it... WOW. The only disappointment I have is that its a whole month before #2!

#1 definitely ties up any confusion that #0 might have caused. I love how Gillen is using mostly real historical figures to drive the narrative. The Ubers are there for shock and awe and may or may not be the core characters as a part of this epic. Its still the Generals and political leaders that will be calling the shots and Ubers look to be pieces to be moved on the map, so to speak. How Gillen will develop the characterization of the Ubers will be interesting, and remember there are tidbits already out there that the Allies will get have there own Ubers soon. I anticipate there will be many moving pieces to this series and I'm giddy with the possibilites!

I read #1 a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Expo and was very pleased with it. I am curious to see if they have started to hint at who the first Russian Uber will be..........

#0 Enhanced was shipped Wednesday via Priority Mail. So I'm expecting it today.

But I like #1 so much more than #0.

I wonder what is happening with the Lionsgate rumor because Avatar didn't say anything about it. I hate the months before SDCC. Everyone is silent.

But #0 will always be the first Uber. (thumbs u

God we wait for ever in Australia to get this stuff. :taptaptap:

I read issue 1 and didn't get the reference to Her Majesty. The Queen did not accede to the throne until 1952.

King George IV was monarch during WWII.

Gillen seems to be concerned with historical accuracy so was this a slip up or am I missing something? Mind you Churchill had way too much hair as well so perhaps i'm being pedantic. lol

I read issue 1 and didn't get the reference to Her Majesty. The Queen did not accede to the throne until 1952.

King George IV was monarch during WWII.

Gillen seems to be concerned with historical accuracy so was this a slip up or am I missing something? Mind you Churchill had way too much hair as well so perhaps i'm being pedantic. lol

I haven't read #1 yet, unfortunately, so I am basing the following on limited context. Could he have been referring to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother?