• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Anybody here snag one or more c2e2 retailer variant? If so, are there any condition issues to speak of?
Picked up my copies on the first day/hour of the show and had no problem finding good quality copies. By Sunday what was left was looking "tweaked." :gossip:

I read #1 a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Expo and was very pleased with it. I am curious to see if they have started to hint at who the first Russian Uber will be..........

I don't know when or if there will be a Russian Uber, but the first Allied Uber appears in the pages of the #0 enhanced issue.

The way they built up that female sniper, and highlighted her in the last panel, made me wonder if she is set up to be Russia's Uber #1.

Could be hm , don't know what to make of that character yet.

She is a real life character based on the Stalingrad sniper who killed 100's of German soldiers during the siege.And was a woman.Gillian being factual I guess.

I read #1 today...... :grin:

And...you tease!

Which one is that? I should have grabbed all of the different #1s at Calgary and they were the same as at C2E2

uber_1_retailer2.jpg

Interesting. I did not see the cover there, or I missed it.

Anybody here snag one or more c2e2 retailer variant? If so, are there any condition issues to speak of?
Picked up my copies on the first day/hour of the show and had no problem finding good quality copies. By Sunday what was left was looking "tweaked." :gossip:

I purchased so much stuff , so that if I had any problems with any book, they were great enough to change the book for me.

Which one is that? I should have grabbed all of the different #1s at Calgary and they were the same as at C2E2

uber_1_retailer2.jpg

Interesting. I did not see the cover there, or I missed it.

Was not available in Calgary. I picked up 2 of everything they had and I even went so far as to ask what other issues they had coming out and they showed me a print out. Also had a discussion about their interest in publishing other titles/ writers.

I read #1 a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Expo and was very pleased with it. I am curious to see if they have started to hint at who the first Russian Uber will be..........

I don't know when or if there will be a Russian Uber, but the first Allied Uber appears in the pages of the #0 enhanced issue.

The way they built up that female sniper, and highlighted her in the last panel, made me wonder if she is set up to be Russia's Uber #1.

Could be hm , don't know what to make of that character yet.

She is a real life character based on the Stalingrad sniper who killed 100's of German soldiers during the siege.And was a woman.Gillian being factual I guess.

Thats very interesting. Your mention of the Russian sniper made me think of the movie, Enemy at the Gates. I love that movie.

I have grabbed two so far at pretty nice prices. Hopefully they were picked up early on.

:wishluck:

I found this interesting.

40th non-super hero

178th overall on Diamond

Uber #0

10,849 copies (which is weird because I thought Mark from Avatar said it was around 16,000 a few pages back)

uber_1_retailer2.jpg

l've always been a fan of sketch covers :cloud9:

I've never sold a comic that I would later wish I had kept, and I have never kept a comic that later I wish I had sold...

But I'm selling my 0 and 1, not because it's not good...Avatar puts out a lot of awesome stuff that's not worth much in the long run, Dan the unharmable, ferals....I'd love to see them get a speculators hit.....

I've never sold a comic that I would later wish I had kept, and I have never kept a comic that later I wish I had sold...

But I'm selling my 0 and 1, not because it's not good...Avatar puts out a lot of awesome stuff that's not worth much in the long run, Dan the unharmable, ferals....I'd love to see them get a speculators hit.....

You probably are right, I don't care either way because I only have a handful of each issue.

If that's true, you must be 11 years old.... :grin:

Finally arrived!

Loved it - and loved Gillians words at the back.

The art seemed better, less bad language and gore.

Most importantly, the story was well told and concise.

Interesting that there was a 2 year gap between #0 and #1 - it showed.

This book is highly recommended - and not as a speculator, but as a reader.

Please try it (you need to read #0 first - #0 actually is a major part of the story, not a 'filler' - #1 makes little sense if you don't)

Anything that starts with Hitler with a pistol in his mouth has my immediate attention.

9/10 for mine.

Uber #1 Insignia Set - The most limited edition UBER! Limited to 200 sets. $100 ea.

Uber #0 Enhanced Phoenix Blitzkrieg - Limited to 750. $14.99 ea

Uber #0 Enhanced Battleships - Limited to 2000. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 Art Nouveau - Limited to 1500. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 First Appearance HMH Colossus - A new concept in collectable variant editions, the first appearance of a major character in advance of their appearance in the books. Limited to 1500. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 Phoenix VIP - Limited to 350. $50 ea.

Uber #2 Retailer Bonus - Ltd to 500. $25 ea.

Got an email from Avatar's Comic Cavalcade offering these just now. Probably won't last long!