• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Doubt it but im in for 5 covers each

May I respectfully ask why you think its doubtful but you bought 20 copies?

I think it will be a monster smash hit.

Pre-sales are closed, 1st issue out in 5 weeks (and thats #0 folks NOT #1), great reviews on multiple internet sites - and I mean GREAT reviews.

And the certainty that as this is from Avatar, it will be a low print run.

Looking forward to this very much.

I just wish that Avatar didn't release so many variants with all of their titles... I' m still in for Uber though.

This is what will prevent this comic from being a huge hit. They have not released all the variants they are going to either for these issues. Avatar is notorious for leaking a new variant or 2 for each issue for the first couple of months after the comic has shipped. Pre-planned reprints.

I'm very cautious with anything like this despite great reviews. Meaning variants, etc etc. But I have a toe dipped in the water on this one, and looks like a great read.

Btw, anyone wanting to preorder these, despite Andy's post, these are available still through dreamland just not as good of a discount.

http://store.dreamlandcomics.com/uber-0-mr-p145672.aspx

You can all fall over and faint now.. lol

I don't think the variants will harm this book at all.

The print run will be so small ("Crossed" is the flagship book and when did that ever break 10K) that I think that even with all combined,a 5k print run would be a bit of a suprise.

To my knowledge there are 4 covers total.

3 will have an equal release quantity, with the 4th being lower.

Crossed is running at about 8,200 with Lady Death 7,800 (is that still going?) a close second.

Avatar publishes 1% of the comics on the market according to sales figures.

All the above are from Comic Chron and are averages of the last few years.

So over 5k for a new book - possibly - even as well marketed as it has been.

Over 10k - based on Avatars current books - unlikely.

Pre-orders are finished so the lurkers can't jump on board so it will probably be worth seeing how quickly Midtown and DCBS sell out on April 17th.

I actually think, as all the cover are COMPLETELY different,that they compliment this book.

'Propaganda Cover' - nice hat-tip to the WW2 era.

2c - nothing more

I'm very cautious with anything like this despite great reviews. Meaning variants, etc etc. But I have a toe dipped in the water on this one, and looks like a great read.

Btw, anyone wanting to preorder these, despite Andy's post, these are available still through dreamland just not as good of a discount.

I do apologise - I have never used this retailer.

Thanks for correcting me.

:sorry:

No problem! They're my secret seller of choice, but Laurie there is so nice they deserve tons more business!!

No problem! They're my secret seller of choice, but Laurie there is so nice they deserve tons more business!!

Laurie is great!

Honestly when I scanned my previews and happened upon this title it automatically intrigued me and once I read what it was about I said to myself "Self you must at bare minum get the first issue" So I went to my LCS and told my comic guy Jim "Jim I want to #0 and all variants yoy qualify for". Im looking foward to this title alot