• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

The book deserved to be pumped. He worked on it for 10 years. And it was a great read (#1, #0 was just a setup). Avatar ruined speculating on it for new covers with new character appearances and everything else after they said no more after the enhanced edition.

Larry comes back to jump on someone. How are those Phantom variants doing? Old news. No one at WW Philly was buying.

Bwahahahahaa!

And why would I pay above cover on an apparently 'worthless' book?

Dunno - you are the one getting testy?

Chill child, chill.

Come on, my question is valid. You, for one, pumped this book sky high and then took a sudden 180 turn on it when the cover count got above maybe 6, proclaiming doom, doom, doom! And now you are trying to dump books on me for profit still?

You're right, your whole approach in this thread is rubbing me the wrong way.

The book is great - the marketing terrible.

If it was only 6 covers - then possibly bearable - but 20? 30?40? where does it stop?

The book is :censored: in the secondary market - what do you imagine this modern forum was created for?

Yup - info on the secondary market.

Happy to continue reading, but you bet I'm going to dump the raw and slabbed copies within the next 12 months as there is no long term future for them.

As for the rubbing issue - use the ignore button.

I will be.

The book deserved to be pumped. He worked on it for 10 years. And it was a great read (#1, #0 was just a setup). Avatar ruined speculating on it for new covers with new character appearances and everything else after they said no more after the enhanced edition.

Larry comes back to jump on someone. How are those Phantom variants doing? Old news. No one at WW Philly was buying.

Quite well thanks...

Last weeks TMNT set records.

Bull about Philly.

When they stop selling, I'll stop making them.

I'm launching soon:

Phantom 2.0

Phantom Prime

Phantom First.

Next week three phantoms debut.

Sales to participating shops were impressive.

http://conta.cc/13FgGgq

If it was only 6 covers - then possibly bearable - but 20? 30?40? where does it stop?

The book is :censored: in the secondary market - what do you imagine this modern forum was created for?

Happy to continue reading, but you bet I'm going to dump the raw and slabbed copies within the next 12 months as there is no long term future for them.

I will be.

Good lord you're a drama queen.

I love how there is always one person in each thread who is anti-speculating on the title because they like it. When the whole entire forum is for speculating. It is the CGC.

When Mark from Avatar came in here and said #0 enhanced would be the last of #0 I bought one to get all the covers. Now there are half a dozen more #0 that were limited to store variants, cons and comcav.

Then #1 came out. Another B&W variant that isn't an incentive variant. And a character that wasn't even in #0 or #1 all of the sudden has his own cover with special edition first appearance on it.

Dump everything.

When the whole entire forum is for speculating. It is the CGC.

Not necessarily true. What about set-building? There are plenty of people on here who like to discuss plot/story too - hard as that is in the threads for some titles (I gave up on TWD a while ago).

Anyway, none of the above applies to Uber, as far as I'm concerned. I'm just here for the Larry/Andy love-in.

This book still has legs...the story is too good for this to completely die.

Don't you know that the more covers you print the story suddenly becomes horrible... get in line with program man, you must not hate it, the authorities of the almighty CGC boards have spoken.

/sarcasm

I love how there is always one person in each thread who is anti-speculating on the title because they like it.

Huh? Can someone translate? :grin:

I will be.

Good lord you're a drama queen.

What do you expect?

This is a comic message board!

No room for rationality here young man.

Go to CG if you want to see real drama - it's a full time job for some. lol

When the whole entire forum is for speculating. It is the CGC.

Not necessarily true. What about set-building? There are plenty of people on here who like to discuss plot/story too - hard as that is in the threads for some titles (I gave up on TWD a while ago).

Anyway, none of the above applies to Uber, as far as I'm concerned. I'm just here for the Larry/Andy love-in.

:luhv: