• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

I'm going to keep ploughing my lonely furrow...

#23 just out.

Best.Issue.Yet.

Look out Germany - England has just revved up and is ready to go.

Or as HMH Dunkirk said: "Oi, It's just kicked off..."

Cannot wait for next month - seriously, the best Modern going, is this book.

Be interesting to see the clamor if this ends up being made into some wacked out alternate history movie.

The special effects would be amazing that is for sure.

Either way, I am enjoying the ride. I have dropped dozens of titles since this book has been released. One of the only few books that still has my interest 20+ issues later.

Awesome stuff

I'm going to keep ploughing my lonely furrow...

#23 just out.

Best.Issue.Yet.

Look out Germany - England has just revved up and is ready to go.

Or as HMH Dunkirk said: "Oi, It's just kicked off..."

Cannot wait for next month - seriously, the best Modern going, is this book.

I've pulled this book since #0, so I obviously like it, but I'm starting to find Gillen himself annoying so I had to stop reading the back matter :P

I read in two or three issue sets, so I'm not current right now! Looking forward to reading #23 now... maybe I'll sneak a peek.

Be interesting to see the clamor if this ends up being made into some wacked out alternate history movie.

The special effects would be amazing that is for sure.

That would be insane.

R rating for sure!

Have Avatar ever had a movie made? I know they are trying to 'kickstart' a Crossed movie (seriously!)

Besides, the film will have 5 variant openings. lol

Edit: Didn't they get a 5 minute pilot of that book they did, set in the Middle-east - the special forces one, with the things controlled by some whistling can on a chain?

Low budget, but I'm sure I saw it somewhere?

I actually dropped the title from my file this weekend after catching up on the past three issues. It is still a fun read, but I did a purge of a bunch of titles including this one, Saga, EoW and a few others. Too many books, not enough time to keep up on everything.

I actually dropped the title from my file this weekend after catching up on the past three issues. It is still a fun read, but I did a purge of a bunch of titles including this one, Saga, EoW and a few others. Too many books, not enough time to keep up on everything.

So what are you keeping up with?

I'm much more apt to purge Marvel titles than the Image and other 'independents' these days. My DC intake is mostly Batman core titles

Just Batman, Tec, Harley, Conan and one or two others that I can't remember. I had 12 or so titles and it was way too much. I cut it down to just the titles I read (or speculate on in the case of Harley) every month.

So it looks like Uber 'Series 1' will wrap up with issue #27 and 'Series 2' will start up again sometime in 2016....

That is a long wait to without any Uber!

Surprising - I don't know that Gillen ever mentioned such a split in all of the back matter I've read. Did I just miss it somehow?

I doubt I'll pick it up again in monthlies after such a break.

Wow....same here. Not a good idea to delay a book that is under 10k sales a month IMO. Unless it will be a new #1 which will spike sales for 2-3 months and then settle back down.

*Sigh*

Surprising - I don't know that Gillen ever mentioned such a split in all of the back matter I've read. Did I just miss it somehow?

Wow....same here. Not a good idea to delay a book that is under 10k sales a month IMO. Unless it will be a new #1 which will spike sales for 2-3 months and then settle back down.

*Sigh*

The announcement of Series 1 and then Series 2 is recent news but I just assumed the Series 2 will start again with an issue #1. I believe Gillen said in the beginning that he had enough material to stretch out for 60 issues.

A six month break or longer won't stop me from getting back into it when the time comes. (thumbs u

I read a FCBD copy of Uber in 2014. I've been meaning to pickup this title as I really liked it. Any idea where to find the back issues? There don't seem to be any trades being published.

There are 2 trades out currently Vol.1 (#0-5) and Vol.2 (#6-11)

I read a FCBD copy of Uber in 2014. I've been meaning to pickup this title as I really liked it. Any idea where to find the back issues? There don't seem to be any trades being published.

Thanks. I didn't see them last time I looked. I'll take another look.

*Sigh*

The announcement of Series 1 and then Series 2 is recent news but I just assumed the Series 2 will start again with an issue #1. I believe Gillen said in the beginning that he had enough material to stretch out for 60 issues.

A six month break or longer won't stop me from getting back into it when the time comes. (thumbs u

Yeah he always said that number, but I never recall him saying it would be over multiple series with breaks in between. I am fully on board when creators want to take a break between story arcs in order to maintain quality and such, but just dropping random half year breaks in between story arcs kills the flow for me.

This isn't a criticism in the order of "they're doing it wrong" - it is their book, they can do what they want. Just saying that format doesn't work for me.

Thanks. I didn't see them last time I looked. I'll take another look.

Also Vol.3 has been out for awhile and I guess Vol.4 is coming in July(?)