• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Y: The Last Man [SPOILERS]

504 posts in this topic

Follow up:

The reason I mention "fear" is because I believe many of the characters were afraid throughout the entire series. The final scenes with Alter confirm this in my mind. Some women died early in the first issue because they were affraid to face a world without men (amongst other reasons).

Well....one theme is the use of fear to control the American population. A couple episodes talk about the current war on a tactic. :screwy:

Dangerously close to politics :fear: so that's all I'll say. Check it out though. :)

Well....one theme is the use of fear to control the American population. A couple episodes talk about the current war on a tactic. :screwy:

Dangerously close to politics :fear: so that's all I'll say. Check it out though. :)

Okay. We can discuss that in another life my friend ;)

The reasons why the series works for me:

Yorick's motivation / growth / maturity feels true.

(especially if you think about the 6 year timespan between 2002 - 2008)

In the final arc, BKV gives Yorick everything he wants and then takes them away.

He is left with the one friend he started the adventure with.

(Yorick's idea of his and Beth's love that he had been holding unto for 6 years was not what he thought. His final moments with 355.)

i love me some 355! thats why i have high hopes for Gwen

Broke my heart when I remember what Yorick said about everyone that he gets close to dies, and thought 355 would be spared. She evolved even more than Yorick in the story.

I also think Dr. Mann was fantastic, too, and her backstory provided some great overlays.

Branget once told me this was the most overrated and overhyped comic ever.

:baiting:

:insane:

What are #1s in 9.8 going for these days? I still need to find me one to throw up on my wall in my man cave. Anyone have an extra for sale blue or yellow?