• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

returned book, seller says 2 inch rip, but book between cardboard!

106 posts in this topic

Excalib12

:cloud9:

"If you find yourself suffering from buyer's remorse more than 3 times a week please see a mental health professional and lose your paypal password."

I never buy when I see "1st Class Shipping". I know I would be getting just what's in the video, so the shipper could keep it under the weight limit.

1st Class Shipping gets an immediate back click from me.

You can ship one or two books first class in a box with just as much security as a priority. I do it all the time. You just have to keep the package under 13 oz.

Yes, he does. And they always arrive safely and in great condition :applause:

Excalib12

"If you find yourself suffering from buyer's remorse more than 3 times a week please see a mental health professional and lose your paypal password."

not me lol

sellers on ebay sometimes do have bad pictures of books that turn out really nice, but you are right sometimes its a real roll of the dice to buy raw!

This book actually was pretty nice, and would have been VF and acceptable to me, but it had a long 4 inch crease on the right edge you couldnt see in the scan. I buy raw a lot from reputable sellers and its usually good if they post good pictures and dont do a lot of returns actually.

I wasnt suspicious when I bought it, but only later when they guy wasn't responding to emails about a return. Thats when I knew the guy was trouble

(I did take down the youtube link, cause it did have my address on it! probably not a good idea to post that publicly)

I was hoping this thread was about Mystery Boxes.

No it's about someone paying full vf/nm - guide for a book when the book looks like THIS:

JLA5_zps93dbaa20.jpg

I've seen worse pics on eBay, for sure, but this would be a quick 'x' to close the tab. Nothing to see here.

Even with the fuzzy image you can tell it's either poorly trimmed or at least has a number of vertical bends along the right edge. Might be worth the gamble for $95 but not $795

This book actually was pretty nice, and would have been VF and acceptable to me, but it had large chunk out of the cover at the top right you couldnt see in the scan.

This book actually was pretty nice, and would have been VF and acceptable to me, but it had a long 4 inch crease on the right edge you couldnt see in the scan.

Big difference between the two. Which is it? I hit back space and I see the first statement. But when I hit "quote" I see the 2nd EDITED statement.

I don't really remember seeing the defect in the video either. Certainly not a large missing chunk.

Excalib12

not me lol

How about rtheda, why not just own up. (tsk)

I suspect this thread is not heading where the OP hoped it would go...

Dear Old Friends in Comics General - who is this 'rtheda' and 'exaclib12' of whom you speak.

A Nere-do-well by the sound of it

Links to their previous indiscretions perchance?

Dear Old Friends in Comics General - who is this 'rtheda' and 'exaclib12' of whom you speak.

:gossip: You do know that the prior posts with underlined purple writing is usually a hyperlink right?

They look like this

They are already in the thread, cretin.

:gossip: You do know that the prior posts with underlined purple writing is usually a hyperlink right?

They look like this

Even in Australia?

They look like this

Even in Australia?

Their underlining goes from right to left, instead of left to right.

They look like this

Even in Australia?

No, they will take you to comicwiz' website and feedback threads.

They look like this

Even in Australia?

Their underlining goes from right to left, instead of left to right.

Ah - the coriolis effect....,