• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Key for $500

49 posts in this topic

You should be able to get a nicish looking Strange Tales 110 for that much.

Problem is, Dr. Strange is not on the cover, so it is different than 99% of the big key/1st apps out there (other than Iron Man 55 I suppose)

Prolly would help to have a little more criteria. For investment? DC? Marvel? I'm not privy to your likes or dislikes, so speaking from just a straight investment potential, I think the Silver DC keys might have a little more room for growth and have a shorter supply. For every 100 ASM 14 I see, I see probably ONE Action 242, so I'd rather have the Action 242, but that's me and MY taste and my opinion.

I agree - the answer depends on

1) what are you buying it for

2) what characters do you like/dislike

That would be too easy.then he could make up his own mind instead of posting this dumbarse thread. lol

your just jealous cause i actually came up with a true key he could get in unrestored midgrade for $500 and you didn't so you call the thread dumb :baiting:

:jokealert:

I agree - the answer depends on

1) what are you buying it for

2) what characters do you like/dislike

That would be too easy.then he could make up his own mind instead of posting this dumbarse thread. lol

your just jealous cause i actually came up with a true key he could get in unrestored midgrade for $500 and you didn't so you call the thread dumb :baiting:

:jokealert:

:applause:

You guys are funny.

The comic is for my collection and possibly an investment in 40 years if my two boys don't like/appreciate my comics.

I'm mostly a Marvel man, with a focus on X-Men and Captain America, but am open to DC.

Right now I'm leaning towards an Avengers 4. I wasn't sure if an Avengers 1 was possible at that price.

The biggest reason for posting this thread is because I want to branch out in my collecting and start with a key; not just any ol' issue.

Plus, the other $500 is going towards my X-Men and Cap collections.

P.S. If there weren't enough mini-paragraphs here, post quickly the Wondercon is only 7 weeks away.

Avengers 4 really isn't much of a key,now Avengers 1 is a good one! (thumbs u

Can't agree bug slapper :baiting: Avengers 4 is a cool key and one of the few he can afford for $500. He also likes and collects Cap so makes sense.

lol Bug slapper! :roflmao: Just pulling his chain on the AV 4. :gossip:

BB 28 may have some upside.....since the OP mentioned investment. If he gets the Av 4....he may be more likely to hold long term. Getting stan's sig on the splash might be a nice touch. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Avengers 4 really isn't much of a key,now Avengers 1 is a good one! (thumbs u

Can't agree bug slapper :baiting: Avengers 4 is a cool key and one of the few he can afford for $500. He also likes and collects Cap so makes sense.

lol Bug slapper! :roflmao: Just pulling his chain on the AV 4. :gossip:

Oooooh, I like it! Can that be your new custom title?!? lol

Oh, and I vote AV4 too.

Spidey is the most liquid title. Has been for some time now, and I don't see that changing.

ASM #13, 14, 15 are always good books to have. #31 is the most "under-appreciated" of the key Spidey books. Can't go wrong with 39 or 40.