• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help with a possible WD 1 purchase

44 posts in this topic

The color breaking spine tick will prevent it from grading more than a 9.6, even with a press.

I'm not a Walking Dead guy, so I would never spend that kind of money on that particular book, but if it was a book I really wanted, I would save the money to buy a 9.8. 9.4 moderns are nothing special.

I agree.. The defects that the OP describes makes me think that the book may grade at 9.6 at best. Not worth the risk unless you think you can make a quick flip profit and put the proceeds towards a 9.8.

Wow reading this thread makes me so sad now. As I have a 9.4, it still is near mint -, but yet most of the post here are bashing a 9.4. Doesn't make me feel good about a 9.4. I bought the copy raw and subbed it myself and it came back (as I take it) a worthless 9.4............ :(

Not at all....like was posted above....a 7.0 sold for $800. A 9.4 is still a nice book with a good price.

Here's my take on things....typically with modern books the 9.8 dominates the value and the rest suffer.

WD1 is a different beast now. There is a possibility (and some believe with good reason) this will even out over time when things calm down in excitement for the series (comic and TV show). When that happens...your 9.4 and my 9.6 may see the hit in value depreciation.

I'm not banking on it personally. I think WD1 is a different category with it's small print run and awesome story will always have demand. I do think the shifts in price will level off at some point between grades.

Wow reading this thread makes me so sad now. As I have a 9.4, it still is near mint -, but yet most of the post here are bashing a 9.4. Doesn't make me feel good about a 9.4. I bought the copy raw and subbed it myself and it came back (as I take it) a worthless 9.4............ :(

If you want to make yourself feel better just look at what silver age #1 9.4 keys are going for.

Yea, that book is worthless and you should be embarresed to own it. I would suggest having me dispose of it ASAP, before you your friends or coworkers find out. I would only charge $100 lol.

I have a 9.4 too, I could care less about what people speculate what they are worth, or what they are not worth. All I know is I love the series and having this book in 9.4 is fine by me. If over time i get the opportunity to where I could upgrade that works out for me then fine....if not , I am stil on :cloud9:

My 2c

LONG LIVE THE DEAD!!!!!

e02787a7645be88ceb89654e7db2a8b5_zps740098c2.jpg

There there, it's not that your 9.4 is worthless, it's just that a 9.8 is..well... 0.4 more minty... :P

:whistle:

IMG_20121028_151608.jpg

as a collector, would you rather own one 9.8 or two 9.6s?

2 9.6's........one to sell so the other would be almost free...lol....

I do understand the people who NEED the 9.8. I am not saying they are wrong, all I am saying is that for me, I'm ok with a 9.4 or 9.6 because that difference in price might just get me a different 9.6 or a NM+ raw I can buy and sub myself for about $20, and who knows maybe it comes back a 9.8. So there are many ways to look at it it hey, what the heck do I know . :juggle: