• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

40 Slabs You Don't See Often - CLOSED

89 posts in this topic

World's Greatest Songs 1 7.5 OW-W (highest graded - needs reholder) $225

:takeit:

Thank you, El Toro Rojo! ^^

There's a buyer who knows what he wants. Don't worry, you'll be very happy when you see the scans later, it's a very nice 7.5. We'll work out what to do about the reholder - but it's on me of course.

:thumbsup:

Larry Doby Baseball Hero 5.0 OW $200

BTW, my scanner (an older Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL) really punches up yellow by default. This is somewhat common with Microteks. In real life the cover is a tad more subdued.

Your United States 8.0 OW-W Crippen $150

:takeit: pending scan / cert please :)

(if needed I can ship to a USA addy too)

Hmmm...I just pulled out the slab, and it doesn't denote the pedigree. I'll have to doublecheck why I had it listed in my database as a Crippen. That may the the old bad news/good news though - as in sorry it's not a Crippen but congratulations, it's not a Crippen! I'll research and get back to you. Is the pedigree a dealbreaker?

And I would need to ship inside the states.

OK - I got to the bottom of it. My apologies, sir, I got this one mixed up with an 8.0 copy of the same title sold a month ago that was the Crippen. Had some foxing this one doesn't. Your call, Thor.

Your United States 8.0 OW-W Crippen $150

:takeit: pending scan / cert please :)

(if needed I can ship to a USA addy too)

Hmmm...I just pulled out the slab, and it doesn't denote the pedigree. I'll have to doublecheck why I had it listed in my database as a Crippen. That may the the old bad news/good news though - as in sorry it's not a Crippen but congratulations, it's not a Crippen! I'll research and get back to you. Is the pedigree a dealbreaker?

And I would need to ship inside the states.

OK - I got to the bottom of it. My apologies, sir, I got this one mixed up with an 8.0 copy of the same title sold a month ago that was the Crippen. Had some foxing this one doesn't. Your call, Thor.

:takeit: as per PM

Marvels of Science #4 7.5 CR-OW (highest graded) $75

BTW, I have the rest of the series 1-3 in very nice raw condition in case you're interested Not available anymore

MarvelsofScience4f100_zpsa9f2bfe5.jpg

MarvelsofScience4b100_zps217ec8c6.jpg

An interested party said :takeit: and is a ^^ via PM

Negro Heroes #1 7.0 OW $650 UNAVAILABLE

This is a big book. At least it passes for one in my little universe! Negro titles are far and few between. It could be an easy flip, but then again...ya never know. There is some minor potential for a crack/press on some minor soft creases on the back cover (you can't really see it from your vantage point) to squeeze into tie for top grade at 7.5, and maybe even take the 8.0, but you also risk losing the OW pq amongst other unforseen cgc havoc.

NegroHeroes1f100_zpsaad657f9.jpg

NegroHeroes1b100_zps3d29af16.jpg