• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Puck to be in Future Past movie?

135 posts in this topic

With the probably hundreds of former Xmen thruout the years, can someone explain how in the hell Puck could be chosen to be in the movie?!?

Next, theyre gonna announce that Mantis will be starring in Avengers 2 instead of the Vision :facepalm:

Mantis? :whee::whee::whee:

What exactly is/was Puck's power? Tumbling?

Rolling.

As pathetic as it is, i think Roy is actually correct since the only thing i ever remember Puck doing is rolling thru guys like a bowling ball :facepalm:

It wasn't rolling though, but cartwheels. I don't see how that builds up enough momentum to be that dangerous, unless it is super-speed tumbling. They'll have to do a Toad-like revision to his actual powers (in addition to mutant-izing him) to make him a credible danger, beyond just having a bad attitude.

How do you aim a series of carthweels anyway?

With the probably hundreds of former Xmen thruout the years, can someone explain how in the hell Puck could be chosen to be in the movie?!?

Next, theyre gonna announce that Mantis will be starring in Avengers 2 instead of the Vision :facepalm:

Mantis? :whee::whee::whee:

If Mantis EVER appears in an Avengers movie, im selling my run! meh

Who's the Vision?

:baiting:

Is it too much to ask to make one measly $200 million movie just to please me???

If they can explain how the Vision flies while intangible, it will be worth it.

Back to Puck, I think I'd be insulted as a Canadian, if this is all I can come up with as a character name. Was Goalie already in use by somebody? Was Hoser too eclectic?

Who's the Vision?

Is it too much to ask to make one measly $200 million movie just to please me???

Back to Puck, I think I'd be insulted as a Canadian, if this is all I can come up with as a character name. Was Goalie already in use by somebody? Was Hoser too eclectic?

Whatever explanation they come up with cant make less sense than how the Hulk is "always angry" (shrug)

I remember Alpha Flight 1 like it was yesterday. Quite the big deal at the time.

Of course, I was looking for a team book and Byrne decided he'd rather do mostly individual character stories throughout most of his run.

I remember Alpha Flight 1 like it was yesterday. Quite the big deal at the time.

Of course, I was looking for a team book and Byrne decided he's rather do mostly individual character stories throughout most of his run.

Same here. I distinctly remember buying it off the rack when i was like 13 and picking out a nice one since it was gonna be worth a lot of money someday! :whistle:

Who's the Vision?

Whatever explanation they come up with cant make less sense than how the Hulk is "always angry" (shrug)

I thought that was weird

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

Yeah, you and every single other person over the age of 3 that saw the movie!

I forced my wife and daughter to go see it on my Birthday. My daughter is 10 and knows absolutely zero about superheroes. She'd never even heard of any of the characters or anything about them before the movie. Like 10 seconds after that scene, she whispered in my ear "i dont get, how does always being angry make him turn into the Hulk???". I was like " (shrug) "

Who's the Vision?

I think Bearded-Lumberjacket-Wearing-Beerdrinker was taken.

As was Smelly-Fisherman and Ice-Cold_Inuit.

Of course, I was looking for a team book and Byrne decided he'd rather do mostly individual character stories throughout most of his run.

I do too. Bought multiple copies of it, even as a little kid.

It stank for the most part, unfortunately.

Who's the Vision?

Puck was named after the character from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Why do you think that? It ranks pretty highly among most Byrne fans, though JB has said it ranks among the least favorite of his own works.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

I forced my wife and daughter to go see it on my Birthday. My daughter is 10 and knows absolutely zero about superheroes. She'd never even heard of any of the characters or anything about them before the movie. Like 10 seconds after that scene, she whispered in my ear "i dont get, how does always being angry make him turn into the Hulk???". I was like " (shrug) "

I took it to mean that he can control when he can turn into the Hulk. It has nothing to do with being angry. He literally turned into the Hulk right after saying that. Hence his secret.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

It felt like one of those " kewl" lines that Whedon used to write for Buffy. Doesn't make any sense, but it sure sounds neat :eyeroll:

I was expecting an Avengers type book, just set up north. In retrospect, that was probably an unrealistic expectation.