• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #2

16 posts in this topic

The back cover edge isn't too pretty, agreed. Hopefully not trimmed..or color touched, but I respect your opinions...I guess this might be another PLOD if submitted...

All three front cover edges look a bit uneven in the pictures, and are shorter than the interior pages. Marvel's quality control wasn't so great back then, and there are all sorts of legitimate miscuts from the era, but this copy's cover art looks shorter at both the top and bottom than the copies one can see on ebay.

There is a black dot of something at the very bottom of the spine visible, and though it's harder to tell, the close up of the cover open at the bottom staple appears to show pinprick bleeding at the spine. In addition, the diagonal black shadow along the building that ends just under the staple should end before the roof.

It’s not trimmed, IMO, just roughly cut. It was the case with many early Marvels, also the same cause for the well-known "Marvel chipping" phenomena.

EDIT: There is color touch, as it clearly bleeds through in the lower part of the cover. Black is the most difficult color, although even without bleeding you should see if it is color touched by the entity of spine ticks and wear: if there is wear and loss of gloss, but still Black, there may be color touch.

The biggest problem is the spine/staples wear, IMO, so this will likely bring this under the F/VF threshold, a pity because it is a very solid book. I’d say 6.5.