• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many of you spend more time here than with your families?

26 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Monday through Friday I see my wife about a total of one waking hour due to our different work schedules. I see you guys roughly about two hours a day. I see you guys more than I talk to or see my "real world" friends too. And I see you guys on the weekends even more than during the week.

How many of you guys (and the few gals out there) also spend more time on the boards here than with your family? I'm not saying my situation is a good thing, but it does not appear to be a problem, that I can see. Gotta get out more though for sure.

And to keep this comic related.... when you add in the time I am buying and selling on Ebay, packing comics to ship, and spending time with other comic related things in my office, those total hours really blossom.

Hmmmmm....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif --------Sid

Hi guys. Monday through Friday I see my wife about a total of one waking hour due to our different work schedules. I see you guys roughly about two hours a day. I see you guys more than I talk to or see my "real world" friends too. And I see you guys on the weekends even more than during the week.

How many of you guys (and the few gals out there) also spend more time on the boards here than with your family? I'm not saying my situation is a good thing, but it does not appear to be a problem, that I can see. Gotta get out more though for sure.

And to keep this comic related.... when you add in the time I am buying and selling on Ebay, packing comics to ship, and spending time with other comic related things in my office, those total hours really blossom.

Perhaps that should've ended with:

Hmmmmm....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif --------Sad

Absolutely Shield..................

Let's see............Mushroom's order of priorities'

1. Family

2. Family

3. Family

4. Work (only because of Family)

5. Richmond Footaball Club (with my Family)

893scratchchin-thumb.gif CGC boards................a nice distraction.

Absolutely Shield..................

Let's see............Mushroom's order of priorities'

1. Family

2. Family

3. Family

4. Work (only because of Family)

5. Richmond Footaball Club (with my Family)

893scratchchin-thumb.gif CGC boards................a nice distraction.

For me, I post mostly during the day because I don't have [!@#%^&^] to do at my job!

...I like to spend equal time with both,...that's why I buried my family's bodies under the floorboards in my study,..... by my computer,....on hot summer days like this I think of them constantly.........

I travel extensively, so I get maybe a 5-10 minute update call a day to the wife and kids (I have to pretend to be a Teletubby otherwise my 2yr old won't talk to me!!!), maybe an instant message or two, and then Sat-Sun I'm able to spend time. Unfortunately, sometimes---like the next two weeks--they won't see me.

So yea, I can see your point--this board probably takes in time that I would otherwise spend with my family but can't.

Needless to say, there's a lifestyle change in the works....

Put another one in the SAD column I'm afraid.

My wife frequents another board as well, to pass her time foreheadslap.gif

Family is more important than anything else. I spend much more time with my daughter than I do here.

Agreed-which is why I noted that "things will be changing." Apparently, understanding the importance and actually doing it are two different things. Somebody's gotta pay the bills foreheadslap.gif

...I like to spend equal time with both,...that's why I buried my family's bodies under the floorboards in my study,..... by my computer,....on hot summer days like this I think of them constantly.........

27_laughing.gif

You think he's kidding??

So yea, I can see your point--this board probably takes in time that I would otherwise spend with my family but can't.

Needless to say, there's a lifestyle change in the works....

Put another one in the SAD column I'm afraid.

My wife frequents another board as well, to pass her time foreheadslap.gif

I just hope it's not a singles boards she's logging into, Sterling! 27_laughing.gif

I look at it a bit differently - I usually work 12 hours a day and at work I check these boards consistently throughout the day. I don't make an event of it and it doesn't take much effort so I don't think it's anything that crazy. Think of it like this - if you didn't like the boards why would you come by? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

put the bong down, turn and walk away s l o w l e y . (you'r starting to scare me their teammate)

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'd say this board is habit forming. Once you've gotten used to the (sub) culture, the personalities, the ongoing issues and the politics, you're either keen to move on or hooked. After that there's always that nagging feeling that if you put the Forum on the back burner you'll miss something important.

Oh yeah, the comic talk is worthwhile too.

I'd say this board is habit forming. Once you've gotten used to the (sub) culture, the personalities, the ongoing issues and the politics, you're either keen to move on or hooked. After that there's always that nagging feeling that if you put the Forum on the back burner you'll miss something important.

Exactly, that's how I feel. And for those above commenting on my "priorities" and family, I never said anything about this board being a priority, just a place to spend some time. It may be sad that my wife and I have conflicting schedules, but in lieu of that, spending time here is not really a bad thing, considering it is entertaining and often educating in my chosen hobby/small business. Certainly better than getting in trouble on the streets.-----Sid (not too Sad)

Exactly, that's how I feel. And for those above commenting on my "priorities" and family, I never said anything about this board being a priority, just a place to spend some time. It may be sad that my wife and I have conflicting schedules, but in lieu of that, spending time here is not really a bad thing, considering it is entertaining and often educating in my chosen hobby/small business. Certainly better than getting in trouble on the streets.-----Sid (not too Sad)

I see it the same way. My wife and I split not very long ago and we split our time with my daughter. When she is sleeping or not with me, I am reading and posting all the time. Like you said, not the best idea, but it works for me. I NEED the distraction that I get here. sorry.gif