• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My hero, Ian Levine

248 posts in this topic

We have people like that in America too... we just usually don't waste our time talking to them. We just elect them into political office and sequester them in Washington D.C. for a few years.

Yes.....

I saw Fahrenheit 911.

It was all foretold in Babylon 5 - the same story but in a futuristic setting.

Lets hope no-one fixes your November elections THIS time.

Have you seen our three "choices" for president? My friend, the fix IS in, long before anyone casts a vote.

Give me Tony Blair any day of the week.

Are you buying all the Vertigo titles, too? And if you are, are you as impressed by "Fables" as most people seem to be? I got pretty bored with it after the "Animal Farm" arc.

Of COURSE.

In order to have EVERY DC, I do literally have to buy every one. I can't get into Fables. I've tried. The current issue with the "Our Army At War" pastiche cover, looks wonderful, but I STILL can't get into it. I did love the recent Joe Kubert Sargeant Rock, which is now coming out as a trade paperback later this year. And ROLL ON The new Adam Strange.

I think his question more in regards to whether you consider vertigo and the other "DC imprints" to be DCs. I.e. where exactly is the line drawn, etc.

I have every Vertigo, Paradox, Piranha, Wildstorm, Cliffhanger, Homage, Helix, Milestone, Impact, and now the new Humanoids, and also now (unfortunately) also have to buy the 2000 AD stuff and the horrible dreaded CMX Manga (YUK)

I have every Vertigo, Paradox, Piranha, Wildstorm, Cliffhanger, Homage, Helix, Milestone, Impact, and now the new Humanoids, and also now (unfortunately) also have to buy the 2000 AD stuff and the horrible dreaded CMX Manga (YUK)

For Wildstorm, for instance, do you just have all the issues they publibshed *since* DC bought them out? Or did you have to go back and purchase all the Wildstorm issues from when they were with Image as well?

For Wildstorm, for instance, do you just have all the issues they publibshed *since* DC bought them out? Or did you have to go back and purchase all the Wildstorm issues from when they were with Image as well?

I went back and collected all the Image ones, because Wildstorm became so inextricably tangled up with DC, and many runs became DC halfway through. A bit like the old Blackhawks.

I recently bought the Humanoids comic Metal Hurlant, issues 1 to 11, because DC started with number 12.

But with the 2000AD and the CMX Manga stuff, it's now getting much worse........

I hope that so much stuff that I can't relate to, doesn't drive me away from collecting again, like it did in the mid eighties, when I hated so much of DCs output that I simply stopped buying it back then, only to have to catch up years later.

But the cover of the current Action Comics 818, not only with the ORIGINAL logo, but with the circle in the top left hand corner of Superman breaking his chains, just like the Golden Age one, restores my faith.

Ian,

This has probably been asked before but what kind of inventory system do you maintain to keep on top of all the different issues? And how do you subscribe to everything or do you pick them out at a LCS? Do you just phone DC and say send me everything you got? It must be mind boggling.

This has probably been asked before but what kind of inventory system do you maintain to keep on top of all the different issues? And how do you subscribe to everything or do you pick them out at a LCS? Do you just phone DC and say send me everything you got? It must be mind boggling.

Paul Sassienie, who runs a huge business called Comic Biz, automatically gets me my new DCs every week, and he makes sure I don't miss any.