• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My hero, Ian Levine

248 posts in this topic

Everyone here knows the joy of getting comics that are your favorites -- whether it's a particular series, character, artist, writer, or publisher.

As most of you know, I had to sell off my collection awhile back, to generate some funds. This included my beloved golden age Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics. I had spent years collecting my GA books (this was before ebay, so it involved a lot of hopping from lcs to lcs, going to cons, and using mail order). I loved those books, and hated parting with them. But it was obvious that they were going to bring in the most money. So I had to sell them.

When all you guys talk about your latest acquisitiions, I am no more than an observer, cheering you on from the sidelines, without any comics in my budget for the foreseeable future.

A couple of months ago, when you handsome, generous philanthropists gave me a leg up financially, BOC asked Ian to repay a $100 debt by sending me the money. Ian decided to go a different way with it.

Today, in the mail, I got a box with 20 incredible golden age Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics. I'm still trying to find my eyes because I think they rolled under the couch when they popped out of my head. In one, swift rush, I realized how much I had been missing my collection and how lonely it was to have only the memories of great comics, instead of having those beauties in my hot little hands. Like a kid, I thumbed through the stack, oohing and aahing as I went. Incredibly, most of the books I had never owned! This means brand new stories for me to read! And some were old, familiar friends, meaning I could revisit those stories I had lost.

Ian Levine sent me these out of the generosity of his heart. It had nothing to do with his goals or aims, as he is so often accused of being tunnel-visioned about. I am forever grateful to Ian and to Boc, because for the first time in a long time -- I HAVE MY BELOVED GA COMICS AGAIN!!!

What an amazing day. Thank you, Ian.

-- Joanna

BOC commends Ian on this wonderful gesture. He went over & beyond the call of duty. The debt has been repaid & then some. 2 thumbs up from BOC. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Congratulations, Joanna!

I personally would like to see Ian return soon to these boards; He's a wealth of information concerning DC's and, if he doesn't know the answer right off, he's got one hell of a reference library at his finger tips!

Good luck on the remaining last 2 DC's Ian! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif