• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013 Tickets. Anyone have any luck today getting passes?

56 posts in this topic

I'm going for the very first time and I'm pretty excited - though this thread was a bit of a downer :(

Have a great time. Yes, it's busy and there are lines but it's still an extraordinary pop culture event and any comic or pop culture fan should experience it at least once.

I'm going for the very first time and I'm pretty excited - though this thread was a bit of a downer :(

Don`t let this thread get you down! You will have a great time! I understand and sympathize with the board members like myself that used to be able to walk up to the convention the day of the show and purchase tickets, it was that easy. I did that for years, also back then hotel rooms were much easier to find verses today! There was a gap where I did not attend the convention for several years. After that gap I decided to go again and once I got down to San Diego after driving about 400 miles I found out that the tickets were sold out. I was very surprised and disappointed to say the least. I already had my hotel booked and was planning on going right into the convention. Since all of the tickets were sold out I had to go on craigslist in order to purchase two tickets. I paid much more for the tickets and wasn`t too happy about it but I did get into the convention and everything went smoothly after that.

I am into comics so when I started going about 20 years ago there was tons of comic dealers, although it is still a great show I would say comic book dealers make up about 10 to 15 percent of the show and everything else makes up about 85 to 90 percent of the show. So the two things that I mentioned can be very frustrating to some of us. But don`t let it get you down you will have a great time and I hope you enjoy yourself!

You'll have a great time. Despite all the hassles it's the place to be. Try to get a room in the Gaslamp district as there's alot of energy and fun there that spins off the con (you'll need to be as diligent with the hotel day as you were with the ticket day -- plan ahead and be ready to select your hotels and then hit Go asap or you'll be aced out). I find it all a hassle but then I've been about 10 times; having gone last year, I'm fine with the relaxed atmosphere of Chicago this year. But probably next year I'll be doing everything I can to get to SDCC -- there's nothing like it in the comic world.

Also, while there are less comic dealers than in the past, there are still a lot there (as least last year). Last year I went Wed (preview night), Thur and Fri, and barely made it through the huge dealers' room, and I didn't attend hardly any panels. So don't worry, you'll easily be able to spend all the money you bring

You'll have a blast, just plan for lines and long ones at that. It might have become a shadow of it's former glory to some, but it's still a quite enjoyable spectacle.

That's an article about dolphins....

Yes but all 100,000 were down here trying to get SDCC badges