• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

229 posts in this topic

Just an idea, and maybe a stupid one at that, but why not amend Rule 11 with something like, in the event that a couple owns two competing sketches there must be at least 3 competitors total for the poll to continue?

Some might see it as fudging, but they are two individuals and both should be allowed to play. No offense here, but at this point it appears that one of the party is pretty much hosed from being able to take part because she is not the 'main' collector of the two.

Just my 2c.

hm

Who is all in this "illuminati"? Adonis? Brian? I would like to hear your opinion on this as well.

You really dont want to involve me

like I said to Adonis. Was inquiring from friends within to give me answers.... I just assumed u were in it :foryou:

Who is all in this "illuminati"? Adonis? Brian? I would like to hear your opinion on this as well.

You really dont want to involve me

like I said to Adonis. Was inquiring from friends within to give me answers.... I just assumed u were in it :foryou:

Ah because it seemed more like an attack. Sorry if I misinterpreted that. Im not in the illuminati, perhaps they will provide you with a list.

Disclaimer:

I don't have any CGC sketch covers yet. Working on it and I have been enjoying the sig room, getting a chance to see all the great artwork and recently, some lively discussion. I don't "know" anybody here so I am neutral, just going off of my read of this thread.

Humble Opinion:

Firstly, GoT- I don't think it was 'right' of you to criticize Alphatrion1's choice of the next Best of the Best after he beat you (Firestar? Who in the world owns that sketch?) Whoever wins can choose the next competition. Those are the rules.

The rules also state what happens in the event that there are not enough entries. Who knows, maybe there are more out there than we know. It just seemed in bad taste to criticize the winners choice. I was looking forward to see what came up, mix the popular characters with the obscure, give em all a chance!

I'd rather see something "new' than the 3rd time the same sketch has been entered into a different category.

I think the 'investigating' on CAF and the whole "you are not fooling anyone" was a little much. One account, two accounts, who cares? I don't think Alpha was trying to "fool anyone". If he or his wife/partner has a sketch they can compete in, why not nominate something you or your spouse or your friend has something they can put in? They are both collectors as have been verified to both genuinely be collectors by others here. Could they have been 'stacking the deck'? Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, the sun will come up and there will be a next Best of the Best.

Before this got shut down, we had a sketch cover of Firestar by Amanda Connor, Craig Rousseau and freaking John Romita that we would never have otherwise seen. Who knows what else is out there? There could be quite a few more sketches of Spidey's one-time Amazing Friend out there that we will now never see.

Perhaps cooler heads can prevail, just relaunch the Best of the Best - Firestar edition with the three participants and maybe a few more will come out of the woodwork.

I do not have a dog in the fight. But I would never choose Ewoks sketches because I am one of two that seem to have them. But the fact that CAF had to be edited to be able to compete was odd. I see both sides. I understand both have collections. I think it was not so much the controversy with the entries, but too narrow of a topic that closed this contest. I fairness, he should be able to choose another topic for the next contest. Unfortunately, you can not please everyone.

At the end of the day I still feel like the fact that I posted something and it was completely shunned because I am married to Alphatrion is just completely unfair on several accounts. We have been together 10 years and both of us have ALWAYS shared the similar interest in comics. The fact that I have to prove myself to everyone on here is not only completely nauseating, exhausting, but frankly just plain disgusting. Who exactly do you people think you really are. Bullies in my book. Nothing but bullies. I have been treated unfairly and unjustly strictly because you are upset that the ODDS were not in your FAVOR. I have been on these boards for years and have delayed posting ANYTHING at all out of extreme reservation of this very thing occurring. I am sick of being silent. I deserve equality. It is not right to treat me any differently just because Fred and I are together.

To those of you who think I should have handled it a BIT MORE CLASSY...well I don't think you have a single idea in your head on how this feels. To be shunned, ignored and to be completely disregarded. PERHAPS i should have included more :foryou: or :angel: or perhaps (worship) in order for you to find me ACCEPTABLY cute and in your clique. Well look...I am who I am. I work hard and these are just as much my sketches as they are Alphas. If you don't like...well honestly...SUCK IT :foryou:

Nycomics-You Rock!

Par2ch-Your Awesome!

Jamie, please do not get upset by this. While the competitions started out as a completely fun and collegial exercise, since the imposition of the self- imposed Illuminati (completely hilarious in light of who they are) it has sunk into stupidity and become the dictatorial playground of some fools.

The real Illuminati are the trailblazers and people who invented the SS sketch covers, and took them to the next level - you, Fred and Pops, Raphael, Dan p., BK, the NYC boys, AlexH, Kevin Boyd, secret son, comic junkie, JJ, pirate (1st sketch opps ever) Torrey, and I apologize to everyone I have forgotten. It is not meant to be a slight, just a nod to people that were getting sketch covers from legends before the supposed Illuminati even registered.

Kudos to the illuminati for tuning a fun and collegial gathering of like-minded collectors into a jackbooted fascist dumbassfest.

As Doug said...I just joined up. I wanted to see what the Illuminati was all about and I wanted to help come up with new ideas, help run polls, gather prizes etc...just like anyone else can as far as I know...I defer to starpc and the other members on that.

Once I saw only a few entrants for Firestar I thought it was too narrow and maybe we could expand it like what was done back with the Skrull-Super Skrull BotB....maybe to the Amazing Friends aspects. I don't blame anyone for being self-serving. We even joked before about me picking Ares and another boardie picking Fin Fan Foom. Maybe even pick my brother's favorite character Bleez..He has a bunch of them. There is nothing wrong with trying to win fair and square. I assume anyone who competes in the BotB wants to win lol

All this is tough for me bc I try to be a friend to all, I know that isn't possible. But speaking for only myself. Competition always brings out the best and worst in all of us. I did not join up to offend or upset anyone...conflict raises my blood pressure.

Hopefully I can do a better job and try to make these things fun in any way I can. .

Maybe one day I can help with the development of the program but I know as Capt.John Miller said..."earn it" and I haven't done that yet.

We are invoking rule 11. alpha - Please pick a new category. If you choose not to, we will leave it up to a public poll for the next category.

11) The winner decides the next category.

a) It can be something simple as Best of the Best %character% or %artist%; or something as complex as Best of the Best Blue Pants (character must be wearing blue pants lol ).

b) It can be as narrow or broad as the winner wants. Let your imagination run wild.

c) If it is so narrow that only one book can compete, the winner must pick a new category. If no new category can be picked, a new one will be selected based on a public poll.

Notwithstanding attempts to do otherwise, the way you've dismissed Jamie and ignored what she's said calls for an apology.

We are invoking rule 11. alpha - Please pick a new category. If you choose not to, we will leave it up to a public poll for the next category.

11) The winner decides the next category.

a) It can be something simple as Best of the Best %character% or %artist%; or something as complex as Best of the Best Blue Pants (character must be wearing blue pants lol ).

b) It can be as narrow or broad as the winner wants. Let your imagination run wild.

c) If it is so narrow that only one book can compete, the winner must pick a new category. If no new category can be picked, a new one will be selected based on a public poll.

Notwithstanding attempts to do otherwise, the way you've dismissed Jamie and ignored what she's said calls for an apology.

Thank you

That's the thing though. There was NO competition. I was completely fizzled out.

But it's so fun and open and unrestrained and gleeful and without hindrance, how can it fizzle? :facepalm:

There's no rule that states that owners that share a collection are only allowed one submission as far as I can tell.

alphatrion1 and Nina Shinobu are two separate owners so they should be able to have one submission each per this rule:

3) If you know of a sketch that you think is the best nominate it. One nomination per owner. Owner with multiple sketches nominated must pick only one sketch to be voted on.

Just trying to be as objective as possible.

What in the hell is going on with this. I thought these were for funsies when did it get all super cereal? Musta been those fancy sig line banners, those are totally worth cheating for. I dont click these threads often, but.... holy mess, my mind is blown or maybe imploded, whichever would be the result of a:

jackbooted fascist dumbassfest.