• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Hey guys--

There are a few ashcans out there as well. Definitely very, very rare--the two I did had some pinups in the back and had unlettered, black & white pages in the back. I really can't remember how few of these I had...might be something a little crazy like 30 or so.

Sorry I can't be more precise! I think they were mainly given out/sold at SDCC last year.

Best,

Frank

Hey all,

I'll be appearing at Dewey's Comic City in Madison this weekend. There will be some limited copies of the first printing, as well as first grabs at the second printing (from my personal comps) if anyone is in NJ.

Best,

Frank

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Meet-Image-Comics-Five-Ghosts-writer-FRANK-BARBIERE--THIS-Sat---April-13th-1-3pm-1st-printing-available-.html?soid=1103531196610&aid=VEVKPvaz6eg

sell me a first print lol:D

Ebay flooded by one guy. Put up 7 ECCC 9.8 slabs at once :popcorn:

I don't see any cgc on ebay ... (shrug) I been looking cause I want to grab one of this & east of west while they are new :)

Edited by synch

Nexus: TFTL!!!

Here's the gem from the entire article:

We've clearly laid the ground work for a fairly complex universe, so we're hoping we can continue as long as people will have us. I already have outlines for a second arc and I certainly know the “last” Five Ghosts story, so we're definitely inspired to keep things moving. I'm excited at seeing all the “seeds” that people are already catching—even in the first issue we've hinted at bigger pictures and a macro story. The first five issues do certainly tell a complete yarn, however, but it really leaves us open to further explore the universe.

Translation = NOT going to be a miniseries and we're in the driver's seat. It's ready to explode if the readers demand it to be so.

I love the fact that Chris is a student of the styles of so many classic artists...

like Joe Kubert, John Buscema, Gene Colan, Alex Toth, Mike Mignola, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, John Romita Jr....

It's apparent in his work and it speaks to me as a reader. I grew up with those artists and stylistically it appeals to me at a visceral level.

I'll say it again: this comic hits all the right buttons. It's just too bad I've only got one issue to read.....I'm climbing the walls for the 2nd. Screw monthly releases.....someone change the trends to weekly releases!!! LMAO.

We'll have to chain Frank and Chris to desks until they've completed the SECOND ARC....then we'll allow you guys to eat and have fun again.....lol.

We've clearly laid the ground work for a fairly complex universe, so we're hoping we can continue as long as people will have us. I already have outlines for a second arc and I certainly know the “last” Five Ghosts story, so we're definitely inspired to keep things moving. I'm excited at seeing all the “seeds” that people are already catching—even in the first issue we've hinted at bigger pictures and a macro story. The first five issues do certainly tell a complete yarn, however, but it really leaves us open to further explore the universe.

Translation = NOT going to be a miniseries and we're in the driver's seat. It's ready to explode if the readers demand it to be so.

I love the fact that Chris is a student of the styles of so many classic artists...

like Joe Kubert, John Buscema, Gene Colan, Alex Toth, Mike Mignola, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, John Romita Jr....

It's apparent in his work and it speaks to me as a reader. I grew up with those artists and stylistically it appeals to me at a visceral level.

I'll say it again: this comic hits all the right buttons. It's just too bad I've only got one issue to read.....I'm climbing the walls for the 2nd. Screw monthly releases.....someone change the trends to weekly releases!!! LMAO.

We'll have to chain Frank and Chris to desks until they've completed the SECOND ARC....then we'll allow you guys to eat and have fun again.....lol.

They have my support!! (thumbs u

I noticed this too and I think it his style is perfect for this book. It's like he taps into the "ghosts" of these great artists when he drafts the page. This is one of those rare occasions when a writer and artist are perfectly matched for the story they want to tell. I can't wait to see where this leads!

I have purchased 7 number 1s from three different sources. Two different individuals from ebay and Midtown. Of these, 3 have been damaged. Is anybody else having trouble getting high quality copies ?

If you're referring to the printer creasing that appears about midway down the spine of the comic....then yes, mostly everyone has mentioned finding that defect. If you're referring to other types of "damage" then it may just be the copies you've obtained.

There are of course ones that have 'less' or 'more' of this creasing. The ones that don't break color have demonstrated marked improvement with minimal pressing FYI.

Will post photos later but got my graded Five Ghosts ECCC variants in today, CGC 9.8 BLUE LABEL...unsigned and unnumbered x2!

MONIE$!!! Do let us know if you're going to part with either of those gems. :wink: