• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

So i am looking at the new CGC census, it seems there are only 26 total graded ECCC books graded. There 7 non SS, compared to 19 SS books, not that many from a 210 print run. Any thoughts?

My only thought is who has the slabbed unsigned unnumbered 9.9?

Gush away. I've been gushing since it hit the stands day 1. I'm afraid I've made a mess of my entire room....lol. :)

You and me both. Completely shameless plug of some of my reviews: http://wearecomicreviewers.com/category/image/five-ghosts-the-haunting-of-fabian-gray/

Been trying to track down where/how to purchase Chris' work since but I'm a bit naive of the art buying experience. This thread has been a mountain of information (thanks!).

Been trying to track down where/how to purchase Chris' work since but I'm a bit naive of the art buying experience. This thread has been a mountain of information (thanks!).

The where and how are easy: contact Chris Mooneyham. He's on all the major social media outlets. If you can't find him directly google Frank Barbiere, find his blog @ atlastincognita...and look on the sidebar for people and things of interest. Chris has a link amongst others there. I'm not sure Chris has an acct. here at the CGC forums yet, but as per a prior discussion with him: he's trying to track down someone who previously purchased OA from five ghosts so he can potentially get a digital archival copy back. I'm going to do the same for him as well having purchased a few he didn't copy. He's going to try to get in touch with that boardie via PM here, hence he'll probably stop by this thread sooner or later (fingers crossed) and reach out to that member. I told him how insane the party gets when creators, artists, writers, etc. join in the threads....always very cool to have that kind of thing going on. If we're lucky he'll drop in some art (pretty please). No guarantees if or when that's going to happen, apparently he's got a killer schedule to maintain. It's a surprise Frank can even get in here because he's got an equivalently crazy schedule.

As far as WHEN Chris is going to open the floodgates again to purchase OA...that's up in the air. He doesn't want to sell anything that he doesn't have a copy of...and that's perfectly understandable. I'd not want to lose something that I worked so hard to develop.

So I guess the moral to the story here is be patient, and OA will be available sometime in the hopefully not to distant future once more.

In the interim, I'll continue to salivate like a rabid animal for the next installment of ghosts.

That's something I never enjoyed about television shows, serials....comics or books...practically any media: the wait for the next one. It's just too cliff-hangery for me. I like when I've got a stack of stuff to read....so it's always great when someone turns me onto something late in the game.

I remember watching LOST pretty much towards the end of that show. There were numerous seasons I hadn't seen.....so I had tons to watch and catch up on. I never felt the week to week or season to season jones.

Five ghosts is killing me with anticipation, but unless I freeze myself cryogenically I'm stuck waiting with the rest of y'all.

Nazi villains, nazi zombies.....gimme more bad nazis!!!! Can't get enough of them. :)

Hell, I have a Tyler Jenkins commission in the works with Peter Panzerfaust vs the Nazi Zombies....

That should tell you what a fan I am of the genre!!!

I have an in-store signing on May 25th with FIVE GHOSTS creators Frank J. Barbiere and Chris Mooneyham ----anyone wishing to get their FG books in for signature series, drop me a PM.

Books need to be in hand one week from today, Friday May 24th

Third Eye Comics also has many Phantom Variants available from several titles, so if you want some blue label 9.8 copies on something, give me a shout. Same stands with their Third Eye variants that they offer up, the most recent being a Third Eye variant on THE REGULAR SHOW.

I have an in-store signing on May 25th with FIVE GHOSTS creators Frank J. Barbiere and Chris Mooneyham ----anyone wishing to get their FG books in for signature series, drop me a PM.

Books need to be in hand one week from today, Friday May 24th

Can you ask Chris the "who/what/where/when/why" on FG Original Art? I'm sure all of us would love to know :)

So.. I know nothing about this book, but should probably feel stupid about passing the stack of ECCC variants by during the con, huh?

It certainly was a missed opportunity.

Can you ask Chris the "who/what/where/when/why" on FG Original Art? I'm sure all of us would love to know :)

Earlier in the thread Frank mentioned the why and when: why FG OA isn't available is simple: Chris is archiving everything before he sells it. That takes a bit of time.

When: whenever he finishes that up he'll be selling again.

Where: typically at signings, cons and by private arrangement directly from Chris.

Who: Chris Mooneyham himself.

What: What?

How: In small unmarked bills only with a blood sacrifice to the Spider-gods.

With: your hands and wallet.

Whilst we wait for issue #3...some May Ebay fun:

ECCC Qualified Raw:

Five Ghosts 1 ECCC Variant 117 of only 200 HOT!

SOLD @ $124.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-1-ECCC-Variant-117-of-only-200-HOT-/111076342508?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19dcaa7aec

Five Ghost #1 ECCC Variant, signed

SOLD @ $125.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghost-1-ECCC-Variant-signed-/200922861262?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ec7ef8ece

ECCC 9.8 Universal Blue:

FIVE GHOSTS #1 CGC 9.8 ECCC EXCLUSIVE (no numbering on the back) SCARCE NM+MINT

SOLD @ $315.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIVE-GHOSTS-1-CGC-9-8-ECCC-EXCLUSIVE-no-numbering-on-the-back-SCARCE-NM-MINT-/380627406234?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item589f294d9a

#1 CGC 9.8 Blue:

Five Ghosts #1 CGC 9.8 - SOLD OUT - IMAGE - 1st Print HOT TITLE

SOLD @ $45.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-1-CGC-9-8-SOLD-OUT-IMAGE-1st-Print-HOT-TITLE-/111067379558?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19dc21b766

CGC 9.8 Five Ghosts #1 First Printing Image Comics

SOLD @ $51.01

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Five-Ghosts-1-First-Printing-Image-Comics-/261213351711?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cd1876f1f

Thanks for posting accessndx! I actually won one of those 9.8s. I think I have around 10-15 copies of #1 first and only one of them might be a 9.8. I wonder if CGC is grading this one on a curve due to the printer defects.

What: What?.

lol lol

What? There was much internal :lol: on that point as well.

I wonder if CGC is grading this one on a curve due to the printer defects.

Seen more than a few 9.6s floating around......I'd attribute that to the said defects. Alot of them break color, and the printing defects seemed to be ubiquitous....so you've gotta find a perfect storm of minimal defect without cb and then press to get a 9.8. I'm sure there are a lucky few natural 9.8s but the real question is where are the 9.9s and the always elusive 10.0s. They'll be tougher to find than Bigfoot.