• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Points of clarification:

1) Access NDX :)

2) There aren't three ashcan versions. There are 2 aschan versions: C2E2 and SDCC and there is the NYCC self published issue #1.

3) I have a C2E2 ashcan, which was graded 2.5. The grader's notes specify the following "Whole Book Water Damage Breaks Color". Which was subsequently not improved with pressing.

Certification #: 0230622002

To me, this is still a priceless treasure that has me on :cloud9:

4) I have an SDCC version which was graded 9.2. Yet another :cloud9: moment. (That makes a 9.4 the highest graded to date. Congratz to you broham!!!)

Certification #: 0230622003

5) The census is a "mess" because prior to my recent grading with the CGC, they honestly didn't know how many different types of Five Ghosts ashcans or self published editions there were. Presumably the self published book was the one on the census (I'm speculating here), and after marked effort put forth by myself, Frank, and Shawn the Head Modern Grader at the CGC they straightened things out. (Much thanks to Frank and Shawn for all that Jazz)

We should drop the all the CGC serial numbers here so that it's all referenced for future posterity but upon quickly looking up the serial number for that 9.4 you can see that there's 2 graded SDCCs (both now accounted for). There's 1 C2E2 popping up that's also mine as described above.

Anyway, once again big congratz to Frank and Chris and everyone that's helped them get Fabian's tale off the ground. And Kudos to you other ghost-afficionados with your special rarities.....I can't imagine there are too many more out there in ANY condition that are going to pop up. I've posited and Frank reiterated that most folks that got these before the Image print came out...possibly used them for dinner napkins....or just left them crumpled in the circular file....not knowing what they were throwing away.

The fact that even a handful of these still exist and are now encapsulated, safe from further degradation and damage is amazing. And if by some miracle or chance some other industrious ghostling is out there ready to submit to the CGC, you can rest easy knowing that they've ironed out the nomenclature finally to denote which ashcan is which. :)

Thanks for the Clarification NDX :D.... You should rename to DMX lol.. up in here...

Also, I'm laughing too at all the listings suddenly MUCH higher.

I was just pulling out my collection and it's amazing how many I had been accumulating over the last year and a half.

I'm glad I recently pulled the trigger just last week on some variants I had never gotten.

Doesn't someone have a 10.0 CGC Blue Gem Mint of #3?

Thanks for the Clarification NDX :D.... You should rename to DMX lol.. up in here...

lol....too late, I'm stuck with the handle....since it's an abbreviation.

Doesn't someone have a 10.0 CGC Blue Gem Mint of #3?

Somebody in this very page of this thread does lol

:whistle:

haha

Geez Louise....it's like trying to find the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket.....

P.S.-Zig Illumigraph High Fluorescent Wet Markers are the ones you want Frank to write "TELEVISION SHOW IMMINENT" with. :wink:

It's definitely apropos to gather these comics in whatever form, but one thing that folks should probably lock down if you're a fan is the OA for sure...and I mean like immediately.

I'd expect price hikes and a scene not unlike a wallstreet trading floor in short form.

Anyway, that's my .02 for you.

knowing.jpg

I simply appreciate the respectful way that Frank treats people on these boards. Especially in the face of criticism.

In today's environment of social media, that's uncommon and a wise business move.

There have been others creators on here that are DBs and you can see how it marred the view of the book.

Patrick

I simply appreciate the respectful way that Frank treats people on these boards. Especially in the face of criticism.

In today's environment of social media, that's uncommon and a wise business move.

There have been others creators on here that are DBs and you can see how it marred the view of the book.

Patrick

+1

Patrick

Nowhere have I seen this happen... hmmmm

Patrick

Nowhere have I seen this happen... hmmmm

I see what chu did dare!

Patrick

+2

Frank has been great.