• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I want a SDCC ashcan too :(

Mine is the C2E2 ashcan

There are three different actually...

First was C2E2, next is SDCC, then the NYCC...

You have the missing link to my ashcan set so I'm equally envious. Between our collections we have the entire trio.

Is your C2E2 graded? The census is a mess right now so it's hard to tell how many others are graded. Between all three there can't be more than 6 or 7 graded.

Mine is graded 9.0

I think Accendex(spelling) has one too but his got fried in pressing :( So it's only a 2.5

I think there are only 5 total graded.

I really dont know of any others that exist.

There are two C2E2s graded, 3 SDCC, and 1 NYCC I think

Edited by ZaCrew

There is one more that is SS but I'm not sure of the grade or which ashcan it is. Do you have one of the "mis-labeled" ones? I PMed the list of FG comics to set up a registry and I got this response:

The census has default listing.

We currently are unable to fix the census, as there are 2 books out there that are mis-labeled. We have contacted the clients, but until they get back with us or we get the books back to verify which variants they are we can't update the census

Sorry for the troubles and thanks.

I want a SDCC ashcan too :(

Mine is the C2E2 ashcan

There are three different actually...

First was C2E2, next is SDCC, then the NYCC...

You have the missing link to my ashcan set so I'm equally envious. Between our collections we have the entire trio.

Is your C2E2 graded? The census is a mess right now so it's hard to tell how many others are graded. Between all three there can't be more than 6 or 7 graded.

Mine is graded 9.0

I think Accendex(spelling) has one too but his got fried in pressing :( So it's only a 2.5

I think there are only 5 total graded.

I really dont know of any others that exist.

There are two C2E2s graded, 3 SDCC, and 1 NYCC I think

Points of clarification:

1) Access NDX :)

2) There aren't three ashcan versions. There are 2 aschan versions: C2E2 and SDCC and there is the NYCC self published issue #1.

3) I have a C2E2 ashcan, which was graded 2.5. The grader's notes specify the following "Whole Book Water Damage Breaks Color". Which was subsequently not improved with pressing.

Certification #: 0230622002

To me, this is still a priceless treasure that has me on :cloud9:

4) I have an SDCC version which was graded 9.2. Yet another :cloud9: moment. (That makes a 9.4 the highest graded to date. Congratz to you broham!!!)

Certification #: 0230622003

5) The census is a "mess" because prior to my recent grading with the CGC, they honestly didn't know how many different types of Five Ghosts ashcans or self published editions there were. Presumably the self published book was the one on the census (I'm speculating here), and after marked effort put forth by myself, Frank, and Shawn the Head Modern Grader at the CGC they straightened things out. (Much thanks to Frank and Shawn for all that Jazz)

We should drop the all the CGC serial numbers here so that it's all referenced for future posterity but upon quickly looking up the serial number for that 9.4 you can see that there's 2 graded SDCCs (both now accounted for). There's 1 C2E2 popping up that's also mine as described above.

Anyway, once again big congratz to Frank and Chris and everyone that's helped them get Fabian's tale off the ground. And Kudos to you other ghost-afficionados with your special rarities.....I can't imagine there are too many more out there in ANY condition that are going to pop up. I've posited and Frank reiterated that most folks that got these before the Image print came out...possibly used them for dinner napkins....or just left them crumpled in the circular file....not knowing what they were throwing away.

The fact that even a handful of these still exist and are now encapsulated, safe from further degradation and damage is amazing. And if by some miracle or chance some other industrious ghostling is out there ready to submit to the CGC, you can rest easy knowing that they've ironed out the nomenclature finally to denote which ashcan is which. :)

lol....if you start trolling through the bay listings it's funny to see the traffic and posturing already. It's not all defined "sales" yet, just initial movement and calibration to that end, but you'd have to be following the state of things before to fully appreciate the gathering storm.

Stuff that's been sitting around for awhile, like qualified convention editions of #1 are now suddenly no longer available as of today's announcement.

Other stuff that's not been for sale, like 9.6's and lower of all types are coming out of the woodworks.

The asking prices for 9.8s of all types are quickly climbing.....AND of course the inevitable "TV SHOW COMING" yada yada or "SOON TO BE SHOW" is either in the body of the listing or the title.....LMAO.

Word travels fast I guess. Gotta love me some speculation. :)

P.S.-whoever is getting Frank to sign things this week should have him write "TELEVISION SHOW IMMINENT" in fluorescent or sparkly ink all over the cover of your comic. That's a sure win! :wink:

lol....if you start trolling through the bay listings it's funny to see the traffic and posturing already. It's not all defined "sales" yet, just initial movement and calibration to that end, but you'd have to be following the state of things before to fully appreciate the gathering storm.

Stuff that's been sitting around for awhile, like qualified convention editions of #1 are now suddenly no longer available as of today's announcement.

Other stuff that's not been for sale, like 9.6's and lower of all types are coming out of the woodworks.

The asking prices for 9.8s of all types are quickly climbing.....AND of course the inevitable "TV SHOW COMING" yada yada or "SOON TO BE SHOW" is either in the body of the listing or the title.....LMAO.

Word travels fast I guess. Gotta love me some speculation. :)

P.S.-whoever is getting Frank to sign things this week should have him write "TELEVISION SHOW IMMINENT" in fluorescent or sparkly ink all over the cover of your comic. That's a sure win! :wink:

Haha ! Funny idea ! You weren't kidding about the pricing. I think its great when a book (especially when it's by one of our guys) heats up. The more notice for the book, hopefully better news for Frank and Chris. SDCC week is a blast to watch as details unfold. :banana:

That's too funny JL! I guess why not? If there were anything that's going to take off in price it'd be that ECCC SS.

Master po has some huge balls and good timing...lol....but I expect that he could even ask a bit more ATP.

I'd also like to point out that whereas the sales have been respectable and even more recently climbing in the absence of such good news....that you could have gotten practically any issue for a steal a bit ago. That is, if you were a fan following the exploits.....but if you're playing catchup as a speculator, I estimate your time is running out to score dealage. The proverbial writing was on the wall as soon as Frank uttered "good news" and even before if you had your crystal ball tuned properly.

This is my favourite Five Ghosts Listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-1-ECCC-VARIANT-CGC-9-8-SS-signature-series-HTF-RARE-/310979253793?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4867ced621

didn't sell at $399 so why not relist it at $499?

hm

Well, I guess the thinking is " if your going to go, go big or go home". lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-1-ECCC-VARIANT-CGC-9-8-SS-signature-series-HTF-RARE-/310979253793?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4867ced621

There is actually a legitimate selling tactic where you mark the price up on an item that doesn't sell if it has a few watchers. The idea being that you are convincing the interested buyers that the market price for the book has increased due to demand even though on eBay the book didn't sell at the lower price.

"Since all of them were signed there will never be any newly graded CGC SS"

That may not be a true statement...

There is actually a legitimate selling tactic where you mark the price up on an item that doesn't sell if it has a few watchers. The idea being that you are convincing the interested buyers that the market price for the book has increased due to demand even though on eBay the book didn't sell at the lower price.

Yep. I've seen it a lot with books I've watched. Timing, big balls, and a little luck. I guarantee that something out of this thread is going to end up in the out of context thread in comics general. :roflmao:

"Since all of them were signed there will never be any newly graded CGC SS"

That may not be a true statement...

Agreed, as point in fact, I have a coupla unsigned/unnumbered ECCC #1s. If I happen to be near Frank and/or Chris at some Con with the CGC present and was so inclined, I could convert them to SS fairly easily. So I call dirty lies on that listing LMAO!