• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

At the end of the last issue, #17, Frank said he and Chris would be taking a break for now, but that they'd be back for the climactic arc.

As #18 hasn't been solicited yet, that means no more new FG until 2016.

Chatting with Frank and Chris at NYCC, I found out that Five Ghosts is on indefinite hiatus and may not even come back. There's no incentive to bring it back was one of their statements; it just doesn't sell enough to justify it.

:cry:

The show with SyFy is a bust too.

That's exceptionally sad news if true. There was immediate non-speculative interest way before any announcement of a show.

It's not like the show had alot of hype either. There was one brief mention a year and change ago, then nothing....so nobody's hopes were dashed because it had been developed and then dropped like 6th gun.

The MAIN reasons I became interested in 5 ghosts was: the novelty of subject along with a heaping of literary infusion on Frank's end....and then of course the incredible artwork that Chris produced.

It sucks if that can't continue, but both those folks are highly talented and I can guarantee that we'll see more from both of them even if it's not within this world and mythology that I've come to appreciate.

I still think that an animated Fabian would be killer and I'd love to see something develop along those lines. SyFy doesn't really tickle my fancy and I can't say I've ever seen some incredible movie that defies description produced by that camp.

It sucks that alot of these image titles come out with both guns blazing and then fizzle out into obscurity.

Chatting with Frank and Chris at NYCC, I found out that Five Ghosts is on indefinite hiatus and may not even come back. There's no incentive to bring it back was one of their statements; it just doesn't sell enough to justify it.

:cry:

The show with SyFy is a bust too.

Wow, sad news. But I get it, all these other creators are throwing series after series out to see what sticks, I'm sure Frank and Chris have a ton of great ideas they want to see realized.

Hey everybody,

Long time, no... type.

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for everybody's support. You guys have been great!

That being said, Five Ghosts is not over! It's on pause. Frank and I just needed an extended break from that world; a chance to regroup, and work on other projects for a while.

While the single issue sales haven't been spectacular for Five Ghosts, and the television deal not necessarily having the momentum we'd all like, neither of those factors have had that much impact on our decision to take a break. Trades 1-3 are still selling, along with the hardcover edition, not to mention dealings in international publication and other media ventures. There's still a lot of good happening with the project.

It's exhaustion, plain and simple. It's tough making comics (not as tough as soldiering, or open heart surgery, but we're a dainty bunch). When you spend almost three years working on a project that means something to you, the last thing you want is for it to feel like work. Sometimes it's best to step back, take a breath, and focus on something else for a while. When we've had a chance to explore new projects with other creators (or each other, as may be the case), we'll start talking about what direction we want to take Fabian Gray and his spectral cadre.

And if either of us gave the impression that Five Ghosts was dead and buried, I apologize. Cocaine is a hell of a drug, and can make you say anything (am I kidding? ...yes. Yes, I am).

Nothing is ever off the table.

Best,

Chris

Hey everybody,

Long time, no... type.

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for everybody's support. You guys have been great!

That being said, Five Ghosts is not over! It's on pause. Frank and I just needed an extended break from that world; a chance to regroup, and work on other projects for a while.

While the single issue sales haven't been spectacular for Five Ghosts, and the television deal not necessarily having the momentum we'd all like, neither of those factors have had that much impact on our decision to take a break. Trades 1-3 are still selling, along with the hardcover edition, not to mention dealings in international publication and other media ventures. There's still a lot of good happening with the project.

It's exhaustion, plain and simple. It's tough making comics (not as tough as soldiering, or open heart surgery, but we're a dainty bunch). When you spend almost three years working on a project that means something to you, the last thing you want is for it to feel like work. Sometimes it's best to step back, take a breath, and focus on something else for a while. When we've had a chance to explore new projects with other creators (or each other, as may be the case), we'll start talking about what direction we want to take Fabian Gray and his spectral cadre.

And if either of us gave the impression that Five Ghosts was dead and buried, I apologize. Cocaine is a hell of a drug, and can make you say anything (am I kidding? ...yes. Yes, I am).

Best,

Chris

clap.gif

Hey everybody,

Long time, no... type.

Best,

Chris

(thumbs u Thanks for letting us know its just on a break and Fabian will return eventually with gusto!