• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Not really a fan of people putting words in my mouth, especially when they proclaim "we are cancelling the book because it doesn't sell/TV is dead in the water."

As Chris stated, we've worked on the book for three years straight and want to try something else for a bit. It's a project we love, and our own creation, so we'll definitely be coming back to it. As of now, it's on hiatus, but we'll definitely be returning in the future--we have to resolve some cliffhangers after all!

Re: "our sales"--selling anything in this market is really tough, and honestly if we wanted to jump off the train because of sales we would have done that around issue #10. We stuck it out for 18 issues because this a book we love, and yeah we don't really make great returns on the single issue sales. But I would NEVER say, especially to a fan, we "are cancelling the book because it doesn't sell." That's far from it, and while we are taking a hiatus it's not really due to our single issue sales. If you want to crunch that data, go ahead and read it all on icv2 or comichron--those numbers are publicly reported.

And the TV stuff: these things take years. We had a lot of momentum, but ultimately no one was happy with the -script that was written (by Evan Daugherty who wrote the most recent Ninja Turtles movie). Syfy ended up passing on that, but that doesn't discredit the project from further adaptation/etc. It's a long process, but we were excited to be in the fast lane for a moment.

Anyhow, I appreciate everyone for their support of the book and to keep that fire burning for future work/etc. Thanks!