• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I am thrilled to see both Chris and Frank posted. I have been a fan since the start, although I do not post much. I figured I would share the two Five Ghosts commissions I was able to get at NYCC this month. First up from Chris Mooneyham:

20151009_174915_zpsuhgvproi.jpg

Since you can never have too much Fabian, Garry Brown did this one for me:

20151009_174928_zpsh4ydnkdg.jpg

I will be awaiting future issues as well as other projects. Best of luck to everyone responsible for helping to bring this series to us.

Glad to see the creators post! It would be a real shame to see this title fade into obscurity. It's been one of my favorite reads since the first issue. I bought OA from the book at ECCC '13 before I even read the book, just 'cause it looked so damn cool and it definitely delivered on that early promise.

As someone who was considering getting into this series, this will definitely steer me away from picking up the trades and catching up. I really love the art, and the premise seems like a lot of fun, but with uncertainty of the books future I wouldn't want to get invested.

Not trying to be negative, I would just like to offer an outside perspective. Certainly wish the best for the creators, but an undefined hiatus is definitely a book killer.

As someone who was considering getting into this series, this will definitely steer me away from picking up the trades and catching up. I really love the art, and the premise seems like a lot of fun, but with uncertainty of the books future I wouldn't want to get invested.

Not trying to be negative, I would just like to offer an outside perspective. Certainly wish the best for the creators, but an undefined hiatus is definitely a book killer.

That never stopped someone from reading a book with only one edition or a short story, or even a one shot comic.

IMHO it's a bit silly to avoid reading a great anything with unbelievably incredible artwork just because of "uncertainty" regarding the book's future.

H.G. Wells is dead and buried, so is Leo Tolstoy and Mark Twain.....just because we can't look forward to new material from those folks is not a justifiable reason to never open their great works.

But in spite of all that you're definitely entitled to your opinion and position.

Having said that, you really are missing out if you don't pick up a copy regardless of the book's future.

That never stopped someone from reading a book with only one edition or a short story, or even a one shot comic.

IMHO it's a bit silly to avoid reading a great anything with unbelievably incredible artwork just because of "uncertainty" regarding the book's future.

H.G. Wells is dead and buried, so is Leo Tolstoy and Mark Twain.....just because we can't look forward to new material from those folks is not a justifiable reason to never open their great works.

But in spite of all that you're definitely entitled to your opinion and position.

Having said that, you really are missing out if you don't pick up a copy regardless of the book's future.

I dropped Tolstoy after The Death of Ivan Ilyich. Definitely seemed like he wasn't in it for the long haul.

I dropped Tolstoy after The Death of Ivan Ilyich. Definitely seemed like he wasn't in it for the long haul.

I felt the same way after Shakespeare's: The Two Noble Kinsmen. He doesn't want to keep putting out plays, he can trade his ruff for a farthingale and stick it!

In all honesty, the first TPB has been available for over two years at the Image intro $9.99 price. If someone hasn't had a chance to catch up to the series, or even try it out, it's more by their own hand and nothing that will be affected by the hiatus.

The series is a blast and three volumes are available to enjoy. No reason not to try it unless you don't like the genre. Plenty of great recent series like Sheltered, Zero, and C.O.W.L. have had similar shorter runs and are still incredibly fun reads.

One important caveat to point out. Those authors are dead, Fabian is not and will return :headbang: .

Edited by natevegas

comics that take 8-10 minutes time investment I can read without a solid ending...tv shows on the other hand, now that's in investment in time that is mind numbingly frustrating when they end early (Fringe, 4400, Firefly, Carnivale, FlashForward, Pushing Daisies etc. etc.)

comics that take 8-10 minutes time investment I can read without a solid ending...tv shows on the other hand, now that's in investment in time that is mind numbingly frustrating when they end early (Fringe, 4400, Firefly, Carnivale, FlashForward, Pushing Daisies etc. etc.)

How about Lost.. What a waste of time that was :facepalm:

How about Lost.. What a waste of time that was :facepalm:

Lost was entertaining. Critics are multiplying like Gremlins. lol

FlashForward was disappointing but we were really into Revolution. Very cool, though sometimes cheesy story.

I thought they foreshadowed that ending for at least a couple of years. I loved the first few seasons of the show. Jack, Sawyer, and Kate rocked. They had just the right amount of tension from that trio to make the rest of the show a guessing game.