• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I'm seriously looking for one of the non-image logo ashcans...

I thought some would pop up for sale from time to time but I haven't seen even one.

Very disappointing not to be able to buy one of those but one is bound to pop up eventually :wishluck:

Can someone let me in on what this is??? pweeze and thank you

I'm seriously looking for one of the non-image logo ashcans...

I thought some would pop up for sale from time to time but I haven't seen even one.

Very disappointing not to be able to buy one of those but one is bound to pop up eventually :wishluck:

Can someone let me in on what this is??? pweeze and thank you

I'd love to get my hands on one also, but haven't seen any pop-up at all! I've only seen a graded one, I think it's a 9.4 and belongs to a fellow boardie. Color me green with envy!

Ninjah, I believe Frank printed 60 copies of issue #1 which were sold at NYCC last year, prior to the book being picked up by Image Comics. The cover is similar to issue #1, except that there's no Image Comics logo and the "Number 1 of 5" blue circle is also missing from the cover. It's an ashcan any collector building a registry set needs... I want one!

There are two different versions of the ashcan that I'm aware of. One was more like a "test print" to see what the finished product would be like with regards to ink/paper, etc. I think there were like 10 of them (don't recall)

The other was an ashcan that was meant to be given out to folks in an attempt to gain visibility and possibly get publishing interest. That's the one that I believe was around the 60 print mark.

One was at NYCC the other at SDCC, but don't quote me on either.

If you dig far enough back into this thread (especially Frank's posts) you'll find the information that'll clear the whole thing up.

If someone's motivated enough to find it and requote it, that'd be stellar! :)

Hey guys--

There are a few ashcans out there as well. Definitely very, very rare--the two I did had some pinups in the back and had unlettered, black & white pages in the back. I really can't remember how few of these I had...might be something a little crazy like 30 or so.

Sorry I can't be more precise! I think they were mainly given out/sold at SDCC last year.

Best,

Frank

There's the first post I found on 4/5/13 with Frank starting to discuss the ashcans.....I'm sure there's more but I can't find the rest right now. Someone help me dig through Frank's 73 posts! :)

Plus I know I posted some pictures and info. about the ashcans in this thread....but that's a bit more to weed thru....once again.....any help is appreciated! VIVA LA ASHCANS!

$275 and 2 hours to go? Is this going to fizzle or be a bloodbath at the end?!!

Looks like that eBayer with the 30 feedback wants it hardcore....keeps poppin' in bids gradually wratcheting it up. Does he have the huevos to follow thru?

I honestly think $135 each for a book limited to 50 is dirt cheap, especially seeing they are all 9.8 SS.

It probably is. That guy is a good seller too. I've dealt with him a few times on raws. You got a heck of a nice set. Congrats again !

Why are you guys posting what your current bids are when if you want to bid on it keep it to yourselves? That is not a fair auction.

They were posting what it was currently at, I don't think anyone was saying what their bid was. At least I don't think they were.

I bid it to $350 just for fun...I like to be part of the action....only fishy if I knew who's auction it was...which I didn't. I'd have been happy to win it for that low...

Edited by krighton