• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Total bummer when you destroy a book/books doing the same thing you always do when handling them. It just takes one small oversight, and boom, you have throw-aways. I've done it so many times I can't even count. Fortunately, nothing of high value like those. Sorry to hear of your loss. :cry:

:foryou:

Don't be too despondent ZaCrew.....if you've got 3 in decent grade...folks may be looking for them to complete their sets if they get beaned with 9.6s or lower.

Sorry to hear about your loss....I'll put the flag at half mast.

And some news for people on this set. One of my raw sets had an unfortunate accident and two of the five are no longer with us.

So there are officially 49 sets now, and 3 orphans.

Damn! Sucks to hear. What happened? Did they spontaneously combust?? :ohnoez:

Who was looking for an envelope?

This guy also has the SDCC set but each comic is listed individually. Wonder how that will pan out?

listing them individually sounds like a train wreck.

I would imagine if different buyers win the individual auctions that nobody will end up paying.

Well, I've been curious as to how this was going to end all week. I would like to have all of them. I think the seller at least made one good move by putting the #5 up first. He will keep the bidders in all the way to the end whereas selling #1 first might have eliminated a lot of people...or not :grin:

Edited by The Authority

There is also this one ( not mine ) running a little earlier. It has the mysterious envelope lol

It should do well in the end I would suspect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370883115527?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

Mad I forgot to bid on this one; it might end up being a real steal in the long run. I agree that maybe right now is not the time to sell this set.