• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Everyone is enamored with the SDCC set now. BTW, heard there is some 9.9's out there...

Which means you have it. Take some pics foo!

Also, ship me my Capt America penguin already lol

I have a 9.8 set. Not sure why none were 9.9.

You doing Balti or NY show?

100% will be at NY. Ill be there Wed-Sunday.

50/50 on Balti

Everyone is enamored with the SDCC set now. BTW, heard there is some 9.9's out there...

50/50 on Balti

You guys living on the coast are LUCKY lol I don't know why but for some reason, southern Indiana is not the major comics Mecca you would expect it to be hm

Was like watching a cartoon on Saturday morning when I was a kid. This book is just fun. :headbang:

Couldn't have described it any better! :banana:

No cartoons on Saturday morning anymore. No Speed Buggy, Captain Caveman, Scooby Doo, Thundar the Barbarian, Hong Kong Phooey, etc, etc. Kids today get Good Morning America and informercials. :P

As I've posted early on, whether intentional or not, the book carries on the aesthetic tradition of classic HB and Filmation Saturday morning shows like JONNY QUEST, SPACE GHOST, TARZAN, et al. I definitely detect an Alex Toth/Doug Wildey influence, down to the lettering. Just one of many nostalgic call backs that I enjoy. Very surprising to find out Frank and Chris are both young guys...all that stuff was from before they were born.

For anyone looking for an ECCC, this 9.6 looks like it will be a very affordable option:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-1-ECCC-Variant-9-6-Blue-Label-VERY-HARD-TO-FIND-UNSIGNED-/221267392009?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3384907609

Agreed, I love this book. I try and describe it as Indiana Jones meets Johnny Quest because that's very much what it feels like to me.

50/50 on Balti

You guys living on the coast are LUCKY lol I don't know why but for some reason, southern Indiana is not the major comics Mecca you would expect it to be hm

Im in Ohio. I just make the 8 hour drives to NY and/or Balti

50/50 on Balti

Im in Ohio. I just make the 8 hour drives to NY and/or Balti

I'm 4 hours away from Cincy. Its a long haul to NYC from here. I haven't been there in years but I definitely will be back. Unfortunately it won't be this year.

Who was looking for an envelope?

This guy also has the SDCC set but each comic is listed individually. Wonder how that will pan out?

listing them individually sounds like a train wreck.

I would imagine if different buyers win the individual auctions that nobody will end up paying.

I don't think this will end well either. It would horrible to get 4 out of the 5 ghosts. Not like you can find another at the LCS.

But...It looks like the bidding has begun so the only question now is which Ghost will be worth the most. I got my money on the detective!

I don't think this will end well either. It would horrible to get 4 out of the 5 ghosts. Not like you can find another at the LCS.

But...It looks like the bidding has begun so the only question now is which Ghost will be worth the most. I got my money on the detective!

I agree but the Archer is issue 1 so...

I would absolutely prefer to have the set (and I have purchased one) but the individual issues wouldn't bother me to own. I think these covers are AWESOME. If the set does split, we are down to 49 lol

I'm seriously looking for one of the non-image logo ashcans...

I thought some would pop up for sale from time to time but I haven't seen even one.

Very disappointing not to be able to buy one of those but one is bound to pop up eventually :wishluck: