• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOTB Poll on Starpc's Resignation!

Should he stay or should he go?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or should he go?

71 posts in this topic

My 2c

(Please keep in min Im a Mexican Canadian)

So the wife does help me get sketches (even got me a suprise at ECCC)

so to say she doesnt have "her" sketches would be wrong. We share she just gets the ter ones :)

All this fighting not good.... please lets just get things rolling again...and having BOTB contests that I clearly never win in unless you have a Crain, Mann & Ebas :(

I NEED ONE!!!

SOMEONE HELP!!

I was thinking I missed something... that Star freaked out and did something crazy. Looks like Rule whatever A is that the winner chooses the next contest.

I think this thread needs reported to CGC and I will do so.

I do no know Star well enough but, ErikB is one of my good friends and any ill will thrown towards him or the Best of is ridiculous.

Guess who made the Best of Website? Erik. And guess who organized all of this to the point where it is? The guys your attacking and I see many people who don't even participate.

Do I think that Fred's wife should be allowed to participate? Yes.

Was the entry in violation of the rule when it was posted? Yes.

Why not just redo the CAF and enter the next contest on your own?

It looks to me like those who have a problem and have expressed such about the 'Illuminati' took this as a opportunity to try and bash something that was intended for fun.

Shameful.

Do I think that Fred's wife should be allowed to participate? Yes.

Was the entry in violation of the rule when it was posted? Yes.

Which rule exactly?

The "one entry per owner " rule?

Shameful.

Yes it was.

I was thinking I missed something... that Star freaked out and did something crazy. Looks like Rule whatever A is that the winner chooses the next contest.

I think this thread needs reported to CGC and I will do so. No need. Jamie already did.

I do no know Star well enough but, ErikB is one of my good friends and any ill will thrown towards him or the Best of is ridiculous.

Guess who made the Best of Website? Erik. And guess who organized all of this to the point where it is? The guys your attacking and I see many people who don't even participate.

Do I think that Fred's wife should be allowed to participate? Yes. Her name is Jamie.

Was the entry in violation of the rule when it was posted? Yes. Easily fixable.

Why not just redo the CAF and enter the next contest on your own? Why not fix the CAF and stay in this contest?

It looks to me like those who have a problem and have expressed such about the 'Illuminati' took this as a opportunity to try and bash something that was intended for fun.

When you create a group of like minded individuals, create an insignia/logo/badge & group pages for your group, then flaunt these things in front of other like minded individuals who do not belong to your group, expect a backlash. You have created a clique. If you want to create something good and lasting, make it inclusive, not exclusive.

Shameful. Yes.

Just want to point out I don't have anything to do with the Best of. Besides editing some text for the website for Erik.

I DO want to point out that there is PEOPLE on the other end of the screen here. Star is a person Erik is a person. They have done all this with the best intentions and to further the SS and these boards. Publicly attacking people is not right, those guys have families, lives and they are going to be effected by this even if its just a message board.

Just want to point out I don't have anything to do with the Best of. Besides editing some text for the website for Erik.

I DO want to point out that there is PEOPLE on the other end of the screen here. Star is a person Erik is a person. They have done all this with the best intentions and to further the SS and these boards. Publicly attacking people is not right, those guys have families, lives and they are going to be effected by this even if its just a message board.

Yes, let's not call out poor Star for acting like an individual_without_enough_empathy and being unwilling to apologize for his douchey actions - he's the real victim here.

Yes, let's not call out poor Star for acting like an individual_without_enough_empathy and being unwilling to apologize for his douchey actions - he's the real victim here.

Where did this happen? I thought that this must have happened by the response, some post got deleted, but reading the thread I do not see him respond at all?

Where did this happen? I thought that this must have happened by the response, some post got deleted, but reading the thread I do not see him respond at all?

Read comix4fun's summary at the beginning of this thread.

Again I do not see what the big deal is. It has been established that Fred and Jamie are different people now. I think there was a question about that since their was a shared CAF.

I agree it 'could' have been allowed to enter but the rules were there, the CAF could have been changed before hand to avoid conflicting with the rules.

I have been dealing with my own mess, and 400 books for ECC so I was not actively reading and seeing the timing of each post. I am a very late comer to the situation that just wants people to realize that there are humans behind the computer screen your all looking at.

Someone has to run the best of right? Someone has to make a decision and the thread had completely blow apart.

The best of crew works on this stuff for the community here for free. I know I do not have the time to do it... Anyone who has a problem with the way they are doing it dont take part? (shrug)

I see nothing that warranted such an over reaction in any of the recap and or original thread. I can't believe that anyone here was trying to ignore or stiff anyone. I just don't believe that was the intention of the best of crew.

Again I do not see what the big deal is. It has been established that Fred and Jamie are different people now. I think there was a question about that since their was a shared CAF.

I agree it 'could' have been allowed to enter but the rules were there, the CAF could have been changed before hand to avoid conflicting with the rules.

I have been dealing with my own mess, and 400 books for ECC so I was not actively reading and seeing the timing of each post. I am a very late comer to the situation that just wants people to realize that there are humans behind the computer screen your all looking at.

Someone has to run the best of right? Someone has to make a decision and the thread had completely blow apart.

The best of crew works on this stuff for the community here for free. I know I do not have the time to do it... Anyone who has a problem with the way they are doing it dont take part? (shrug)

I see nothing that warranted such an over reaction in any of the recap and or original thread. I can't believe that anyone here was trying to ignore or stiff anyone. I just don't believe that was the intention of the best of crew.

You realize that it has nothing to do with the "rules", right? It's the way they are used and how people choose to interact with people. People have a choice to NOT accuse others of conspiracies to load the ballot. People have a choice to NOT ignore people like they aren't even there. People have a choice to answer someone's questions when they are being subject to arbitrary decisions based on faulty information.

If you think this is simply about voiting, and rules, and who wins and loses some silly category for funny book sketches you are totally missing the point that this is about decency, respect, and being a mature enough adult to realize that you've stepped all over someone, dismissed them, and deemed them unworthy of even a response and then apologizing for the transgression.

This was handled about as well as Bill Buckner handled Mookie Wilson's grounder in the 1986 World Series and THAT's the point.

For all your worrying about Starpc's feelings and how he's being treated you ran right past the complete dickmove he pulled on Fred and Jamie with the accusations, high horse, ignorance, and finally refusal to own that he screwed this up all on his own and is ANYTHING but a victim.

Wow things sure can go downhill quickly in the Sig Room these days.

Mistakes were made in the now closed thread, apologizes need to be made and maybe we can move forward as a group once again. Isn't the goal of this subforum to help EVERYONE in moving forward in expanding their collections? Screw all of these silly subgroups and clicks or whatever seems to be jokingly going on.

Fred and Jamie are good peoples. Sure their sketch collections are insane and sure some of it should be redistributed to those who are less fortunate to have 1% of the collection that they have (me :insane: ) but I guess the real question is why not just admit a mistake was made and reopen the damn thread in question?