• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VISITING NYC in May.... any comic/toy store to suggest?

25 posts in this topic

hi!

In early may I am going to visit New York City...

I kindly ask if somebody can post the names/addresses of comic/toy stores located in Manhattan worth being visited.

I collect vintage MEGO Superheroes toys and silver/bronze age Marvel in high grade.

Thanks

FEDERICO - ITALY

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Buy something at Metropolis and ask to pick it up just for the experience of seeing all of the art on the wall. I have come to the conclusion that Metropolis is a museum that just happens to sell comic books on the side.

Buy something at Metropolis and ask to pick it up just for the experience of seeing all of the art on the wall. I have come to the conclusion that Metropolis is a museum that just happens to sell comic books on the side.

.....you can also arrange an appointment with them to view books....but you have to give them a list of what you're looking for....they won't just let us thumb through all 100,000 comics in stock. A friend went a while back and said they have the most expensive Bathroom in NY.......due to the art. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. You can also arrange for them to ship it to Italy so you don't have to chance it on the Plane or Ship....

Of course there is Midtown comics. The big one is in Times Square at 40th street and 7th avenue and the other location is Lexington Avenue around 45th street . They have alot of comics and toys / statues etc.

Also Jim Haneys comic store at 33rd street in midtown Manhattan. .

.....you can also arrange an appointment with them to view books....but you have to give them a list of what you're looking for....they won't just let us thumb through all 100,000 comics in stock. A friend went a while back and said they have the most expensive Bathroom in NY.......due to the art. GOD BLESS...

P.S. You can also arrange for them to ship it to Italy so you don't have to chance it on the Plane or Ship....

Once you see the Metro office, you're spoiled for life. Nothing else will ever look the same again.

To echo what others have said: Time Machine 14th st is fun. Midtown (40th st, skip the east side and downtown locations) is a must see just because of the sheer size of it. Another place that's fun in an off the beaten track kind of way is St. Marx Comics on St Marx Place. It's overpriced, but it's certainly "old school collecting" to a quirky extreme. Also in the area is Forbidden Planet, which has a lot of toys/statues.

To echo what others have said: Time Machine 14th st is fun. Midtown (40th st, skip the east side and downtown locations) is a must see just because of the sheer size of it. Another place that's fun in an off the beaten track kind of way is St. Marx Comics on St Marx Place. It's overpriced, but it's certainly "old school collecting" to a quirky extreme. Also in the area is Forbidden Planet, which has a lot of toys/statues.

+1 on St. Marx!

Once you see the Metro office, you're spoiled for life. Nothing else will ever look the same again.

[font:Book Antiqua]Pictures...?[/font]

:wishluck:

I don't know if you are allowed to take pictures at Metropolis. Ask politely.

Staff_of_Ra_zps1f2692dd.jpg

Don't forget the headpiece for the Staff of Ra. You'll need it to locate Metropolis' midtown office. Seriously, you'll feel like Howard Carter stepping into King Tut's Tomb.

Let's just say that you'll never see anything like it again.

Possibly the world's most valuable movie poster, the Frankenstein 6 sheet. I think only one is known to exist.

Cover art to more key GA, SA and BA books than you can shake a stick at. Stuff like House Of Secrets #92.

Even the bathroom is lined with about 15 or 20 pages of original art like pages out of Journey Into Mystery #83 Thor pages and Byrne X-men pages.

It's just so over the top it's sickening.

Let's just say that you'll never see anything like it again.

Possibly the world's most valuable movie poster, the Frankenstein 6 sheet. I think only one is known to exist.

Cover art to more key GA, SA and BA books than you can shake a stick at. Stuff like House Of Secrets #92.

Even the bathroom is lined with about 15 or 20 pages of original art like pages out of Journey Into Mystery #83 Thor pages and Byrne X-men pages.

It's just so over the top it's sickening.

....not if you're Steve or Vinnie..... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

Staff_of_Ra_zps1f2692dd.jpg

Don't forget the headpiece for the Staff of Ra. You'll need it to locate Metropolis' midtown office. Seriously, you'll feel like Howard Carter stepping into King Tut's Tomb.

Heh - tourist

If you're feeling adventurous, St. Mark's Comics is always fun for back issues, and the St. Mark's Place neighborhood is a sight to see.

Only in New York would you have a Brownstone apartment over a comic shop. :headbang:

Yep. Everything you need is in that neighborhood. Comics, food, tattoo and head shops.