• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars 7 Mark Hamill

55 posts in this topic

Jar Jar :banana:

A 3 hour Jar Jar spin off! hm:headbang:

That would break my streak of consecutive Star Wars movies on opening day.

Hell, that would break my streak of just watching consecutive Star Wars movies. :facepalm:

I can't recall a single moment in my life when I was made to be angry at or because of anything in any way related to either George Lucas or Star Wars.

*In case no one reads the novels*

They dropped a moon on top of Chewie. That pizzed me off a bit.

By then he was nothing more than a babysitter for the Solo kids. That pizzed me off too.

I can't recall a single moment in my life when I was made to be angry at or because of anything in any way related to either George Lucas or Star Wars.

The Holiday Special didn't do that for ya?

swwookiees_zps577914cb.jpg

I have the bootleg. It is just so awesome. The hilarity is unparalleled. I understand why Lucas wanted to sweep it under the rug. He'd probably buy my copy, and stomp on it if given the chance.

The Holiday Special didn't do that for ya?

swwookiees_zps577914cb.jpg

No. There is nothing Star Wars related that can cause me to be angry. I suppose the closest I get to anger is indifference.

I have no negative feelings toward Lucas or Star Wars. However, I do question the judgment & sanity of those who do.

After my questioning comes peals of condescending laughter.

Ditto for comic books & comic book related properties & movies.

The only way to prove one's love & loyalty to Star Wars is to be a fan.

This anger & hatred in the name of one's love & loyalty is the fandom version of really, really creepy butthurt.

You saved me the trouble of writing all of that. We're the minority, unfortunately. Such hate for Lucas makes absolutely no sense to me.

Be fearless in your fandom.

The Lucas hate & comic book movie adaptation angst makes me laugh & that's a good thing, I reckon.

The reality check is that there is no bigger pimp-daddy than Lucas.

It's simply a vehicle for his aftermarket.

And folks, he will be involved in the movies as a consultant, so you're going to feel his impact until he's no longer with us, afraid to say.

Also, Hamill's comment is refreshing as a tone I think MORE sci fi movies and such would take. How can we synergize retro with CGI? For me, if they concentrate on the STORY...ya know, what Lucas said all these years ago---everything else will take care of itself.

The prequels were all about governments---I can get that in my daily doze of news. Make it fun and refreshing...bottom line. That would be my take-away from Mark's comment.

Also, Hamill's comment is refreshing as a tone I think MORE sci fi movies and such would take. How can we synergize retro with CGI?

The Avengers not only pulled it off, but generated the kind of excitement and buzz not seen since the original Star Wars movie. And The Avengers did it with an adaptation of a comic book story almost twice as old as the last installment from which Episode 7 continues. I think Mark Hamill has a right to feel sentimental, but the practicality of what he's suggesting just isn't realistic.