• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Weekly.

43 posts in this topic

Well...they have WD Monoply and Risk games so I'm pretty sure that they will pick up with #53 forward again someday to cash in even more.

I would have thought it was down to the lower print run of the earlier books that weekly came about. I doubt they would pick it up again.

I found most avoided it, they felt it caused confusion for new collectors and detracted from the original run. Some people thought I was loopy for collecting a graded set, but I love collecting WD :cloud9:

It wasn't till the show really took off, that the prices flew into over drive :o

New collectors created the value on the Weekly books 2c I think there were some people who speculated with the keys, and certainly profited, but most steered clear. For that reason, the print run wasn't as high as it would have been, if this was released during season 2-3.

Personally I equate the weeklys to titles like "Marvel Tales" and "Fantasy Masterpiece". They make for good reads of the the original without having to pay the higher price for the first print.

Some collectibility in them, but it all depends on the market. I dunno, with all the speculation going on with moderns nowadays, I'm reluctant to buy anything new that I don't plan on reading..

I agree with the comparison, and, other than collecting more revenue on Kirkman's part, his intention was to allow new collectors from the show to see what the comics were all about, without paying for higher priced originals. BUT, the trades served the same purpose ;)

Personally, I looked at it as more variants to collect. Heck, I even tried to get them into the variant set, but was shot down by other registry owners. With that being said, I requested the Weekly set to be added :cloud9:

Wish I got back into comics sooner, but I still lucked out on building my set, when I did. I acquired all the early and key books, before the prices went crazy :ohnoez:

#19 for $200 and a #1 for $500 :grin: I thought the 9.8 #1 was high at $500 when I started, not so much now lol