• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strangest eBay Auction I Have Ever Seen

19 posts in this topic

... and any moment now, the auction description will be updated with news that both the hat and the owner were abducted by aliens.... and that a letter of authenticity will be drafted to the highest bidder proving that the hat and owner were in fact abducted by little green men. insane.gif

I know, I know... I'm going straight to hell for this one... but I just couldn't resist 27_laughing.gif

Domestic shipping is $12 plus what it costs for insurance. For the price of a first-class airplane ticket, I would consider traveling to deliver this national treasure in person. Please keep in mind that I currently bound to a wheelchair so please choose an airline that is handicap accessible. I am very interested in meeting local women with common interests such as “Life With Skippy.” Bidders with negative feedback will be rejected. Foreign bidders may only bid if they are from Luxembourg, Denmark, Singapore, Ecuador and Macedonia. Canadians yes, but please ask first.

insane.gif

And no, due to unforeseen personal events, I will not be attending this year's convention.

If they're unforseen, how do you know it already?

In moments of perfect clarity, I have felt the hat trying to communicate with me. I cannot guarantee that the hat will speak to the new owner as it has to me for many years.

Ooookay.

I would go into details, but even now I feel that I am being watched. After all, eBay is a very big company with tentacles that stretch even to my corner of the world.

Ebay--the new Illuminati.

I am contemplating writing to my local Congressmen and Senators, but fear they may already be in the back pocket of the corporation we know is eBay.

Nah, The reserves weren't met.

Even though I have remained on my medication for sometime...

Okay, that alone should qualify the auction for an early end due to obvious misrepresentation of fact.

Let’s just say that I am in possession of certain information regarding the TRUE war record of a certain candidate for the White House. To the rich and powerful, I am just another rung on the ladder on the way to the top. To be cast aside like yesterday’s garbage. To make matters worse, my loving mother has decided to kick me out of the house after dealings with a repo-man last June, and I am forced to sell my Buddy Wilson cowboy hat even though I don’t want to part with it.

My money's on schizophrenia.

I would rather sell my liver (unfortunately due to my medical condition, this would not be possible)

Plus, Ebay has rules about that kind of thing. You know, being the secret New World Order and all. 322, homies.

To put the winner of this auction at ease, I will gladly sign a letter of authenticity attesting to the fact that this is the genuine Buddy Wilson cowboy hat

Well, what more could you want??

foreheadslap.gif

The seller is comparing the Buddy Wilson hat to the Hope Diamond as 1 of the greatest treasures on this or any other planet. He should be auctioning off what he's been smokin'. insane.gif

Something else that's funny is that he ripped off part of the text from a Wilson fan site, but he censored out the part where Wilson's body was found still wearing a condom (which, incidentally, is DISPLAYED in a jar on that very website!)

And no, due to unforeseen personal events, I will not be attending this year's convention.

If they're unforseen, how do you know it already?

In moments of perfect clarity, I have felt the hat trying to communicate with me. I cannot guarantee that the hat will speak to the new owner as it has to me for many years.

Ooookay.

I would go into details, but even now I feel that I am being watched. After all, eBay is a very big company with tentacles that stretch even to my corner of the world.

Ebay--the new Illuminati.

I am contemplating writing to my local Congressmen and Senators, but fear they may already be in the back pocket of the corporation we know is eBay.

Nah, The reserves weren't met.

Even though I have remained on my medication for sometime...

Okay, that alone should qualify the auction for an early end due to obvious misrepresentation of fact.

Let’s just say that I am in possession of certain information regarding the TRUE war record of a certain candidate for the White House. To the rich and powerful, I am just another rung on the ladder on the way to the top. To be cast aside like yesterday’s garbage. To make matters worse, my loving mother has decided to kick me out of the house after dealings with a repo-man last June, and I am forced to sell my Buddy Wilson cowboy hat even though I don’t want to part with it.

I would rather sell my liver (unfortunately due to my medical condition, this would not be possible)

Plus, Ebay has rules about that kind of thing. You know, being the secret New World Order and all. 322, homies.

To put the winner of this auction at ease, I will gladly sign a letter of authenticity attesting to the fact that this is the genuine Buddy Wilson cowboy hat

Well, what more could you want??

foreheadslap.gif

Haven't read Behold a Pale Horse in a while. Think it might be time to give it another read... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The seller is comparing the Buddy Wilson hat to the Hope Diamond as 1 of the greatest treasures on this or any other planet. He should be auctioning off what he's been smokin'.

Well, I'll tell you. I remmeber watching Naked City, the original Dragnet with Ben Stone, Boston Blackie, Life With Elizabeth, Amos and Andy, Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons, Life With Father, The Donna Reed Show, Pete and Gladys, The Jack Benny Show, Red Skelton, The Honeymooners and dozens more and DANGED if I can remember Buddy Wilson!

Now if I had uber dollars I MIGHT pay 100K for one of the Superman costumes from the tv show. But hald a mill from a hat worn in Ep 6 of a show even *I* don;t know? Well, I don't know! confused-smiley-013.gif

At approximately 9:00 P.M. on the night of June 2, 1980, a man identified as Buddy Wilson is released from the San Jose drunk tank at North 1st Street in West San Jose. A short while later, a call to the San Jose police department is placed at 9:45 P.M. reporting gunshots heard. The address, a notorious bordello off Ocala Blvd. in the East Side slums of San Jose. When they arrive, police discover the body of a Caucasian male, early 20's, identified as one Buddy Wilson.

Wouldn't this '60s star have been MUCH older than in their 20s in 1980? confused-smiley-013.gif

Bingo. That was my first thought. I knew a schizophrenic once, and this is exactly how he talked when he was having an episode, or his meds weren't right. Terrible disease.

-- Joanna

Personally I think this is a joke. I checked this sellers feedback and he has sold comicbooks, and now we are entertained by this crazy ebay auction in a comic's forum? He isn't crazy he did it for a laugh.

It's a hoax.

...my money is with Joanna on the schitz,...the disease runs rampant on my father's side of the family (only with the woman for some odd reason) and the flow of logic is similar to many episodes that I can recall,...

Could be. Hell, I'VE run funny auctions before, too., including one for a mummified dead mouse my dad found in our stove. That one actually got 15 minutes of fame a few years ago--oddities websites featured it and the auction got tens of thousands of hits.

Believe it or not, I actually sold the thing for $5 to a goth girl from Memphis.

WHOA! I just checked out of curiosity, and the photo I put up on geocities is there there! I haven't used that site in years, but here it is!

mouse.jpg