• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Hulk 181

20 posts in this topic

Hello I hoped I posted in the right spot this time lol. I just joined the forum and was trying to get an idea of the grade scales. I have Hulk 181, it lies flat, staples are firm, pretty reflective still on the cover, man the only thing is the back cover has some chunks missing : ( . Any help would be awesome, I am thinking about sending it in, what you guys think? Is the comic worth more than 100$ in its condition? Sorry about one of the pictures being upside down i tryed to rotate it... Thanks for any information

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

The right edge is a bit cropped, so hard to see what's up there other than the little crease at Hulk's elbow, but if the missing pieces are limited to what is in the scan, then I could see it getting a 4.0 - at least a 3.5.

I grade this as a VG or 4.0

VG Hulk 181 is 350-450 value

I wouldn't use a membership coupon on this book there are so many low grade Hulk 181's having it CGC graded will do nothing to assist in the sale of the book.

Really you wouldn't recommend grading this book? Would grading the comic drive the price down of this book?? I would like to get it graded because its one of my more valuable books. I would definitely keep this book in my collection. I still think I am gonna send it lol, I know their gonna put a low grade on it, but it would just be cool to have a "Holy Grail" silver age book graded.

Everyone has their own reasons for/against grading a book. Lots of people think the only reason to grade a book is to assist in selling it. Also you'll find people on here that wouldn't send in a $100 dollar book because they have $1000 dollar books.

My advice, do what you can afford and collect what you like.

I don't have books worth thousands but when i'm buying a book that costs over two hundred I typically buy them already CGC graded because I have been burnt a few times. If it were me, I would probably get it graded. Just my 2 cents.

Really you wouldn't recommend grading this book? Would grading the comic drive the price down of this book?? I would like to get it graded because its one of my more valuable books. I would definitely keep this book in my collection. I still think I am gonna send it lol, I know their gonna put a low grade on it, but it would just be cool to have a "Holy Grail" silver age book graded.

Cough*Bronze Age*Cough

Having it graded would also make it nice to display too, if you are planning on holding on to it and provide some good protection (so would a full back and mylites though...)

Also, if you DO plan on selling it and don't have a big reputation here or on eBay, at least a CGC grade might help in that respect...No one can jerk you around about the grade...

I will elaborate further:

sell it as a raw book as a VG or maybe even a F minus copy ( it does present well from the front ) and lets say you get 350.00.

I am saying you are unlikely to equal the 350.00 as a graded book because people wont pay more for a graded 4.0 copy, and then you need to deduct the cost of shipping to CGC and the shipping from CGC and it would be wise to get insurance on the shipping.

If you are selling it don't get it graded.

Just trying to save you a few dollars is all.

As others have said, you can get the experience of owning a graded book that you have sent in, and that is cool to. Do as you will :)

Hey thanks everyone for the advice. Yes its definitely in my collection for a long time. Yea its to bad about the back cover because the front looks pretty good. Yea I can't wait until I see it finally graded. Now just gotta wait for those coupons and the grading process. Now I gotta figure out which other 3 comics I wanna send with it.