• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUY-SELL-HOLD

383 posts in this topic

How about an early Modern age book?

Thoughts on Bone #1?

(Or is it officially a late Copper age book now?)

I dont have a problem with this, but its Saga till 8 PM CST then new book can be nominated. Below are the books already discussed. Just nominate a new in 30 minutes. Date stamp determines the book.

Y the Last Man 1

Peter Panzerspeculate

Saga

So has anyone nominated a book yet? If not I nominate the flavor of the week....The Sixth Gun FCBD edition.

I feel this is a hold. I am in a holding pattern on the Sixth Gun FCBD edition as I feel once people realize this is a real first appearance and not some preview it will jump up over the regular # 1 in price. Of course buy them cheap if you can find them.

How about an early Modern age book?

Thoughts on Bone #1?

(Or is it officially a late Copper age book now?)

I dont have a problem with this, but its Saga till 8 PM CST then new book can be nominated. Below are the books already discussed. Just nominate a new in 30 minutes. Date stamp determines the book.

Y the Last Man 1

Peter Panzerspeculate

Saga

Sorry, I thought Saga was brought up on the 24th.

So has anyone nominated a book yet? If not I nominate the flavor of the week....The Sixth Gun FCBD edition.

despite some people getting very passionate about it, it's not the 6th Gun Sweepstake winner.

do NOT buy, but if you have them, HOLD, rising 6th Gun tide will raise all boats. If you are thinking about buying, dont. Spend that money towards a proper number 1, or building raw runs.

FCBD is not the book to chase. No matter what anyone in the thread says.

Buyers don't look at that book as true number 1. The sales reflect it.

If you can pick it up $10 or lower pick it up otherwise forget it.

It will rise in value I am sure, but its not Sixth Gun 1 which sells for quite a bit higher currently. Flip it and take the cash somewhere else.

Hold or Sell the choice is yours, but don't buy.

I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I saw Bone #1 in NM at book fair for $2 3 months ago and I told myself to buy it(I didnt know what Bone was at the time but my gut was telling me) but I passed on it

:(

FML

For $2, it was not a first print, even the book fair people know better. Probably not even one of the first through fifteenth printings. Don't sweat it, easy to find many of the printings.

I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I saw Bone #1 in NM at book fair for $2 3 months ago and I told myself to buy it(I didnt know what Bone was at the time but my gut was telling me) but I passed on it

:(

FML

For $2, it was not a first print, even the book fair people know better. Probably not even one of the first through fifteenth printings. Don't sweat it, easy to find many of the printings.

sadly it was a 1st print as later on when I came across Bone #1 on this forum, I realized it was identically the same with the CB logo and everything

Apparently the book fair had gotten their books donated by some parents who were cleaning out their son room when he moved out and clearly the people working the book fair didnt know comics since they were all old ladies working the fair.

:( oh well one day I'll get lucky again.

Sixth Gun - Hold until the first few slabs have boomed.

Wait for the Pilot to be filmed then sell.

$250+ all day long.

FCBD Sixth Gun

Have only one copy for my own personal run. Would not buy anymore at current prices. They seem to be doing very well on ebay. If you have them, sell them. I don't see these holding their value long term.

Even though it's technically the first printing? This came out months before the normal #1...