• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUY-SELL-HOLD

383 posts in this topic

First off, I didn't say any FCBD #1 ever sold for more, or that this one would. :)

Are there any other examples where the FCBD book came out first?

You asked why it was different than any other variant. You also said there are examples of variants selling for more. I just narrowed your comparison.

which X-Men one? 1st, 10th, or 100th series?

to cut this short, no- there are no other FCBD books as much.

there were also no 2nd print comics worth more than the 1st print... until there were.

Look at it this way, if you want to sell me all your FCBD 6th guns are $50 a pop, I will buy them all.

which X-Men one? 1st, 10th, or 100th series?

to cut this short, no- there are no other FCBD books as much.

there were also no 2nd print comics worth more than the 1st print... until there were.

Look at it this way, if you want to sell me all your FCBD 6th guns are $50 a pop, I will buy them all.

If you already reached a conclusion then why the question? There are many 1sts but historically the FCBD will not sell for as much.

FCBD Sixth Gun

Have only one copy for my own personal run. Would not buy anymore at current prices. They seem to be doing very well on ebay. If you have them, sell them. I don't see these holding their value long term.

Even though it's technically the first printing? This came out months before the normal #1... [/quote

It's not the #1. The technicality is lost on most of the collecting world.

+1

I would not invest heavily on FCBD books. They're doing well on eBay, but it may be speculators buying them up thinking that they will boom like crazy. IMO they attract a small portion of actual collectors so when they are sufficed, what will happen to the rest of the copies? They'll die off in value.

One thing to consider w/ this particular FCBD title > how many of these were thrown away or handled poorly due to the fact they were FREE and given out to many people who had no clue what it was. Some even have shop stamps or stickers on them. Finding good clean 9.8s may be difficult. To someone trying to collect it all, this may prove to be as challenging as the regular #1.

With that said, I would rather have the regular #1 in 9.8 but that is just me.

I know of one store with an extensive FCBD leftover section that I will be rummaging through later today. I would have no problems selling the FCBD to raise funds to slab up some of the other moderns I have.

One thing to consider w/ this particular FCBD title > how many of these were thrown away or handled poorly due to the fact they were FREE and given out to many people who had no clue what it was. Some even have shop stamps or stickers on them. Finding good clean 9.8s may be difficult. To someone trying to collect it all, this may prove to be as challenging as the regular #1.

With that said, I would rather have the regular #1 in 9.8 but that is just me.

I know of one store with an extensive FCBD leftover section that I will be rummaging through later today. I would have no problems selling the FCBD to raise funds to slab up some of the other moderns I have.

This issue was not ordered heavy in the shops I went to on FCBD 2010. I picked up one copy at the only shop that ordered more than 5.

Much as I agree with Branget on this one.(And trust me it is a very odd feeling.)

I will yield the point that FCBD for that Sixth Gun book had to be quite a bit lower then most of the rest because I didnt see that one at either of the 3 shops when it came out.

I can see only completionists and 9.8 chasers after this book. How many are both that will be chasing a 9.8? There is money to be made there, but I just think there is more money in the 1.

It could be an interesting situation that changes the dynamics for FCBD issues overall.

I nominate The Walking Dead #19

Buy/Hold for me, but the Buy window is rapidly closing.

Robby LOVES this character. i see bigger things for her coming up in both the Book and on the Show.

The MacFarlane Resin Statue is a bit of foreshadowing for me. she has two swords with it. combine that with the Previews Cover of WD110, and watch out!

Hold / sell Eric - sorry.

The price has steadied somewhat - I doubt we will see anymore $870 sales again.

It would take something spectacular in either the comic or show to go above that.

If you are holding 1 - then wait until there is a shortage on the bay.

If you have 15 - sell most for $500 - $600.

2c