• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUY-SELL-HOLD

383 posts in this topic

revival #1 is a buy in Raw high grade for me right now, and a hold in 9.8 slabbed

If sketch variants can be found raw for around $100, i'd think about that too if its pressable to 9.8

I personally think Revival is the best of the current image hot books, in terms of translation to TV. I do think Returned is a bit of a knock to that happening, so, i'd be a hold on all the other issues raw above cover.

I also actually, really love the comic, and its one a i plan to keep a full set of 1st print 9.8s in. I have kept 1 of my sketch 9.8s (that i slabbed myself) back as well.

Third Eye variant is a sell for me if slabbed, it isnt holding up well. Sell Third Eyes and buy 1:10s.

The Phantoms have really nice covers, i like them, but i dont really buy variants or alternate prints, unless its #1, a key issues, or extremely rare. If there was only one Phantom on revival, i'd be all over it. I like the ones that are being made, but I'd only buy them in the range of cover to $5, directly from a store. Online price, and shipping, makes it too expensive for me to go for.

I have a fair few so I want to sell 10 or so to cover costs and top up paypal etc.

I think I will hang onto the rest to see what happens but if it gets near $150 - then thats clear out time.

I have a fair few so I want to sell 10 or so to cover costs and top up paypal etc.

I think I will hang onto the rest to see what happens but if it gets near $150 - then thats clear out time.

You mean $150 for the regular #1 or the sketches?

he means 1st print 9.8 slabs

Thanks for clearing that up. I should have known he was because the sketches are selling for $150 raw.

Correct, thanks for clarifying for me (thumbs u

I think Revival is awesome.

BUY : NM/MT copies of #1s

The prices mentioned earlier are fair.

This week I have already bought a #1 and a #1 CBLDF variant.

I don't plan to sell any issues for quite some time.

(the covers won't be sold until the slabs are gone...years...)

This series is going to build more and more fans with each trade release.

Seeley knows how to write drama, scares and strong female characters (without cliche) very well.

Does Tim Seely have a decent record of long running series? Anyone know if there are plans to keep Revival for the long term?

Mike Norton is a boss and I would love to see him on the book for a few years

Seeley / Norton mentioned in an interview that they are planning this as a 60 issue series.

Here is the link to the interview.

Interview

Below is the quote

"I love working on Revival. LOVE it. I want to keep it going as long as Tim and I can possibly do it. But we both know it won’t be forever. We have an ending, but it’s not 100 issues away. More like 50 at the most."

Here is the link to the interview.

Interview

Below is the quote

"I love working on Revival. LOVE it. I want to keep it going as long as Tim and I can possibly do it. But we both know it won’t be forever. We have an ending, but it’s not 100 issues away. More like 50 at the most."

This is important information, thanks.

ML.

Revival # 1 is still a buy when I stumble upon it at cover. Been selling a few sets for the last few months and selling the last one(with Thompson and Third Eye) currently on the bay. The rest are being graded and are holds for the time being.

Does Tim Seely have a decent record of long running series? Anyone know if there are plans to keep Revival for the long term?

Mike Norton is a boss and I would love to see him on the book for a few years

Hack Slash :cloud9: his previous series is going about 60 issue ending next month.

He also produced somewhere around 20 one shots and minis from that series.

The volume this man can produced is just staggering.

This is the series that got me started into comics. I seriously think it's a masterpiece. The book isn't too difficult to find, and the cover is very forgiving for pressing. Vertigo print runs aren't the highest, but it's been over for so long that I just think it lost steam.

The original art still sells like crazy. I'm glad we'll be giving some love to this book. Hoping for a good discussion