• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUY-SELL-HOLD

383 posts in this topic

So here the idea of this thread.

Every 24 hours one book is discussed. I prefer it stay with one book, but since its 24 hours for each one then vary as you like. For 24 hours each poster discussing only that book and then must rate a Buy, Sell or Hold on that book and why.

After the 24 hours has lapsed another book nominated by a boardie is discussed. The cycle then repeats and we get 7 books a week.

Now here is the tough part. For some boardies who like to promote a book they are hoarding thick skin is suggested. I say this because of all the suggestions on books floating around in this board currently. An honest discussion using whatever data you want is encouraged arguments can only last 24 hours so I am hoping this will negate the drawn out drama arguments we have sometimes. :blahblah:

My thread so I get the first book. :banana:

Why?

I'm not actually in the market but I believe the value will go up on this book. Still room to grow. Hard to say about most dead titles but this one feels like it has room to grow especially with Vaughan's current project being so hot. I think it eventually builds interest in his previous work.

I have Y The Last Man #19 because it was the only one my friend didn't have, so I bought it. It turns out to be the first nudity in the series hah.

YTLM will always be recommended. It was the first complete series I read. Holding YTLM #1 will not make it less valuable. It will slowly go up for a few more years. And hopefully something will come out of it. I would be buying raw issues now to complete a set and looking to sell a 9.8 next summer.

I believe COMICARTFAN gets to tell us why and then pick the next book.

Personally I have a problem selling any Y that I hope to overcome sooner than later. I also hope to complete my quad signed run this year. :)