• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your worst comicbook accident / mistake?

95 posts in this topic

...buying a copy of Tribe 1 when I was 13 years old...

because I thought it would be worth something one day.

bwahahahahaha!

My biggest mistake was convincing myself that I "needed" higher grade books, after seeing slabs hit Ebay around early 2001. I was perfectly content with what I had until I started chasing high grade.

My biggest mistake was letting my fiance bag and board with me.

I had bought some early, FN+ Daredevils for my run at a con. I wanted to switch the bags so she opens up the books but leaves the tap on, trys to slide the book out and the tape catches the front cover. Instead of slowly trying to remove it or telling me, I see her yank it quickly and bammmm! Love tape pull on the cover.

I dont remember the exact issue. Early 20's I believe. So nothing too drastic but it's not a good feeling.

And somehow this was my fault btw lol Gotta love women "You shoulda TOLD me what to do and how to remove the tape".

I had bought some early, FN+ Daredevils for my run at a con. I wanted to switch the bags so she opens up the books but leaves the tap on, trys to slide the book out and the tape catches the front cover. Instead of slowly trying to remove it or telling me, I see her yank it quickly and bammmm! Love tape pull on the cover.

I dont remember the exact issue. Early 20's I believe. So nothing too drastic but it's not a good feeling.

And somehow this was my fault btw lol Gotta love women "You shoulda TOLD me what to do and how to remove the tape".

She was right.

She was right.

:tonofbricks:

No one has mentioned the books in a half empty box sliding forwards and crushing/bending the books at the front. I can't be the only person who's done that? :cry:

Thats what old Wizards are for buddy (thumbs u

Mine would be buying like 100 copies of Jim Lee's Xmen 1 when it came out instead of this 7.0-8.0 copy of ASM6 that my LCS had on the wall at the time :facepalm: