• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2013 ComicLink "Featured" Auction

202 posts in this topic

Wow !!

TOS39 and X-Men1 in CGC 9.4 both sold for ONLY 90k. :o

New GPA lows for those boys in grade.

Not really.

There were two X-men #1 sales for $89K each in the past year, and although there were previous sales in excess of $100K, it's not that far off. At least one of those copies upgraded to a 9.6, which would account for a stronger price.

TOS #39 sale was a sale reported by Doug Schmell - it was a privately brokered deal. Read into that what you will.

There has been a little bit of a drop, but auction results are hit and miss, depending on who is bidding.

There was some talk in the Golden Age forum about Clink not allowing search engines to crawl their site.

Nothing to do with nothing, but I just noticed comiclink is actively preventing ALL search engines from crawling the site. How odd.

If anything, that is going to hurt auction results as people who are googling for comics will not find the site as easily.

Absolutely nothing to do with ever increasing numbers in 9.4 and even 9.6 then meh

I didn't speak to that and neither did you.

I was simply replying to your post about GPA lows.

a) it wasn't a GPA low for the x-men #1 as it was fairly consistent to previous sales.

b) the TOS #39 sale at $140K+ reported by Schmell was likely an anomaly.

(shrug)

I note the JIM 100 was originally a 9.2 (sold $1105 in May 2011), then a 9.4 (sold $3050 Aug 2011) now a 9.4 and sold for $1528.

May I ask how you know all this?

The first sale as a 9.2 was/is on Heritage. The scan of this book matches the 9.4 copy yesterday on Comiclink (3rd sale) - I guess there is only one Twin Cities copy. And the CGC certificate number of the Comiclink book matches the second sale recorded by GPA. All the same book.

Is it the comic series or the market that you follow that closely?

Alan knows his JIM's and FF's.