• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2013 ComicLink "Featured" Auction

202 posts in this topic

Finally. I have wanted this book in this grade for as long as I can remember.

I am a big John Ford fan. "The Searchers" is one of my all time favorite films.....for so many different reasons. The final shot alone makes it one of the greatest films of all time in my opinion. Don't get me started on how much I love Monument Valley.

With that said, I know that the book went for a very high amount, but if I had let this one get away, I would have always regretted it. You don't look as long as I have for a NM copy and hold out for the next one to come along.

TheSearchers_zpsbf19881c.jpg

Cool book!

As the Duke would no doubt say, "Courage is being scared to death, but paying up anyway."

What a difference in prices, from a "supposed" sale of $91,500 two years ago to $29,805 tonight. Talk about taking a bath. doh!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D1%23Item%5F960124&id=960124

Wow, feel bad for the consignor. That's just brutal.

Why would you do that with no reserve :screwy:

:facepalm:

$65k hit, that's real $

What's the rundown on the "supposed" sale...?

I was too. Now I have to pay for it.

Congrats Richie!

Congrats to you too, Scott. Texans love John Wayne!

I was too. Now I have to pay for it.

Might you hold a Timely sale on the boards ? :wishluck:

I'm sure I'll be selling something, but probably not any Timelys.